H1 transfer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer

Hi I am working for Company A, and i got the visa stamped on my passport recently. But now i got an offer from company B,and i want to join that. At the mean while i took date for my Fiance for Dependant Visa (h4), saying that i am working for company A. But since i will be changing company and when my fiance goes for interview she wil be carrying documents related to Company B, is that a problem?..shd i take another date? Do i need to get my visa stamped again for company B, since i wil be leaving for india for marriage? is restamping possible in US? if yes how much time it takes?

Hi I am working for Company A, and i got the visa stamped on my passport recently. But now i got an offer from company B,and i want to join that. At the mean while i took date for my Fiance for Dependant Visa (h4), saying that i am working for company A. But since i will be changing company and when my fiance goes for interview she wil be carrying documents related to Company B, is that a problem?..shd i take another date? Do i need to get my visa stamped again for company B, since i wil be leaving for india for marriage? is restamping possible in US? if yes how much time it takes?

Comment

She won't get the H-4 unless you are married.

Comment

I will marry her and then we only she is gonna go for interview. But my concern is she u have to take a date 2-3 months in advance..there is a possibility that my h1B transfer has not started or is in process. so while taking the interview i have entered the petition number of Company A.but while interview my wife will carry..I797 of company B..my question is is that a problem?..Do i again have to take a interview date based on company B..please advise

Comment

Raj, I found it difficult to understand your post so forgive me if I made any wrong assumptions.

It looks to me like you are on H visa and want to bring your fiance to stay with you and you are wondering about H-1 portability, how would it affect her interview and etc.
          You also want to know if you can get a Visa stamp while in US.

As of few years ago you could apply through State Department and get new H Visa while in US without going abroad - if you already had H Visa (not just I-94 stamp) in the first place.
          I don't know if regulations have changed but you certainly should check.

Next, you need to look at H-1 portability regulations and how those affect H-4 applicants abroad.

Finally, Sugarpuff is correct: you need to marry her first before you can invite here here as a dependent on H-4 Visa.

Good Luck,

IE

Comment

Sorry Guys i thk i am not able to convey anyways here is what my condition is:

Current Status : H1B of Company A (Stamped on my Passport)

Getting Married : Jan 15 2007 ( Already Engaged)

Offer: Company B has thrown me a offer

Issue: Since i am marrying in Jan(2nd Week), i need to take visa appointment now in a month for my wife(would be) , this interview will happen after my marriage (around jan 4th week).

Question: Now if i take a interview date filling the form DS 156 and Ds-157 and my info...satting that i am working for Company A(Assuming that i will accept the position with company B after 2 months from now, but at that time i wont get dates for H4 interview)So thats why i am using company'A info( My petition Numvber and all). But when my wife goes to interview at that time i will have petition of company B, since the transfer wld have been completed.

So will my wife have any problem in this condition?
            Do u suggest to take Interview Date( h4) after Transfer?

Hope this explains my condition!

Thanks a lot for the responses!

Comment

If you are filing out an application put down what is true. That you are working at company A. If you can include a statement that you may be transfering then do so.

If you are working at company B at the time of the interview have your wife take the approval or at least the reciept notice with you. Also take the supporting documents from BOTH H applications.

Bottom line always be as truthful and as straightforward as possible while trying to make your evidence as clear as possible.

Comment

Thanks a lot Guys!

Comment

Working...
                X