should i even bother

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i even bother

why is it so hard to give up on America?
    although i feel it has mistreated me and million others who have visited, worked or lived here legally, i find it real hard to give up the American dream/illusion. My country is not a third world country or anything and i might even have a better life there, still i can't even fathom the thought of leaving. Why?.
    I have been in America 12 years always legally: 4 as a student and 8 as a working professional. A couple of days ago, while on 7th year of H1B and a pending residency case based on employment in the same corp., i got laid off.
    I still haven't spoken to my lawyer to look at options. But i find myself lacking the energy to start the whole god **** process with a new employer again. For what?
    i spent over 10k on my h1b and residency cases and have been waiting 4 years for the green card. it's a shame cause i was expecting DOL approval within 3 months.
    i know there are a lot of immigration veterans among you. tell me, is this just a fork in the road or is it the end of the road?

why is it so hard to give up on America?
    although i feel it has mistreated me and million others who have visited, worked or lived here legally, i find it real hard to give up the American dream/illusion. My country is not a third world country or anything and i might even have a better life there, still i can't even fathom the thought of leaving. Why?.
    I have been in America 12 years always legally: 4 as a student and 8 as a working professional. A couple of days ago, while on 7th year of H1B and a pending residency case based on employment in the same corp., i got laid off.
    I still haven't spoken to my lawyer to look at options. But i find myself lacking the energy to start the whole god **** process with a new employer again. For what?
    i spent over 10k on my h1b and residency cases and have been waiting 4 years for the green card. it's a shame cause i was expecting DOL approval within 3 months.
    i know there are a lot of immigration veterans among you. tell me, is this just a fork in the road or is it the end of the road?

Comment

I'm sorry about your lay off, it seems like there'd be some type of recourse for people in your situation but the immigration laws don't make a lot of sense to me. Please keep us updated.

Comment

AMERICA - LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT !

Comment

Working...
        X