Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP...MY MOM MAY GET DEPORTED.... FOR A HORRIBLE REASON..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP...MY MOM MAY GET DEPORTED.... FOR A HORRIBLE REASON..

My mother has been in this country for 34 years now as a permenent resident (green card) just a few months ago she recieved a letter from immigration after filing for a renewal on her green card.. she has 3 attorneys right now... basically the story goes 24 years ago (14 years after already being in the country as a permanent resident) my mother and on of her divorced husbands got into a custody battle for my oldest brother. At one point his father told my mother that as far as he is concerned his son is dead to him.. so my mother moved away from her former husband.. a few months down the road he filed for what seems to be kidnapping/child abuse charges. My mother was forced to go on probation and took a plea bargain for no contest (which she was threatened with that if she didnt the concequences would be higher). As time goes on my mother won the custody of all 4 of her children from their fathers. Now immigration seems to be starting to form a case where my mother is a permenant resident who is a criminal (which is rediculous... all of us love our mother to death... even when we dont agree with her ) What I would like to know is what are her chances of staying here, and how could immigration not concider all factors involved...

My mother has been in this country for 34 years now as a permenent resident (green card) just a few months ago she recieved a letter from immigration after filing for a renewal on her green card.. she has 3 attorneys right now... basically the story goes 24 years ago (14 years after already being in the country as a permanent resident) my mother and on of her divorced husbands got into a custody battle for my oldest brother. At one point his father told my mother that as far as he is concerned his son is dead to him.. so my mother moved away from her former husband.. a few months down the road he filed for what seems to be kidnapping/child abuse charges. My mother was forced to go on probation and took a plea bargain for no contest (which she was threatened with that if she didnt the concequences would be higher). As time goes on my mother won the custody of all 4 of her children from their fathers. Now immigration seems to be starting to form a case where my mother is a permenant resident who is a criminal (which is rediculous... all of us love our mother to death... even when we dont agree with her ) What I would like to know is what are her chances of staying here, and how could immigration not concider all factors involved...

Comment

hey tp04,,sorry to hear this,,,but before i answer u let me ask u this plz,,how come she never filed for citizen if she's been a (PR) for the last 34 years?

Comment

I really dont know the answer to that.. I think that under the advice of attorneys she has been told for years to just to renew her green card due to the waits on naturalization... only now have they brought up naturalization to avoid dealing with that department of immigration

Comment

advise of attorney's to keep renew her green card for 34 years ???hmmm ..and u said attorney's,,so its not just one attorney,,thats weired

Comment

due to the waits on naturalization????????thats doesn't even make since,,,so what if she have to wait...i'll wait 16 months to process the n-400 instead of wait 34 years

Comment

I would rate the chances from slim to none.

Comment

what is it that would make her chances so slim???

Comment

she would get at least a 10 year bar I think

Comment

for the reason you gave

Comment

what would be the reason for that?? shes a student in college, a nurse, shes a positive person in this environment, and she already paid her dues to society with this situation... PLUS.. shes not here illigally..

Comment

tp04 ,,dont listen to sonofmichael,,hes trying to break u down,,hes an idiot,,he doesn't know nothing about this,,,ignore him,,read hes previous posts to know what kind of a person he's...ignore this little donkey

Comment

Kidnapping and child abuse are very serious convictions; it does not matter that she plea bargained; she had a bad attorney

Comment

mike_2007 thank you.. I did read his posts... he seems like a bitter person who really has no real like for other cultures.... but the real item he is missing here is that the united states was founded by immigrants.... this is where people come to have their freedom from other chained societies...

Comment

Oh geez another fraudster. He asks for advice and when someone tells him the truth that he doesn't want to hear, he attacks me and America. The United States was NOT founded by immigrants. That is a lie. None of the signers of the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution were immigrants.

Comment

Working...
                              X