Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asylum pleas, LGBTQ couples and labour markets.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylum pleas, LGBTQ couples and labour markets.

Outside articles some may find interesting.

The man caught on the wiretap urged his immigrant client to fabricate a tragic past if he wanted asylum in the United States. To say that he was a victim of political repression in Albania. Or police brutality. Or even a blood feud.

“Maybe you had to leave because someone threatened to kill you,” the man suggested. “Because of something that your father did to somebody else or something to do with the land. You understand? That can be a way to get asylum.” read more here

Bradford Wells, a retired computer programmer in San Francisco, has chronic health problems that threaten his life and an immigration problem that threatens to split up his marriage and take away his caregiver.

He was married seven years ago in Massachusetts to Anthony Makk, a citizen of Australia. But in June, Makk's visa expired. The couple applied for a spousal green card, but they expect to be denied because the Defense of Marriage Act forbids federal authorities from recognizing a same-*** marriage. read more here

In most of the OECD’s mainly rich member countries, immigrants fare worse than native-born workers in the job market. read more here

What did you think?
    Let us know,
    BoardWizard
    -BoardWizard

Question to moder:

why word G A Y is censored? The link to article on LA Times doesn't work due to word G A Y being blocked by ilw.com Is there any reason you censor that word? Is it a curse or bad word ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

OldE- we will revisit the list of blocked words in the coming weeks.

-BoardWizard
      -BoardWizard

Comment

Originally posted by iperson:

It's official now OldE, congrats for coming out on ilw!
        Hey, straw-person, how are your fellow haters doing? You are the one who should come out and publicly admit the bruises you got on your knees while making it feel good for hudson, houston and the likes.

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Originally posted by iperson:

you're so original.. yawns
          i do got bruises on my knees but for an entirely different reason.
          Yah, got ya.

Comment

Working...
          X