Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can permanent resident marry some one from other country?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can permanent resident marry some one from other country?

I have a greencard and I fell in love with hatian guy, who lives in DR. Where can I read information about what to do? How long its takes to bring him here? Thank you for your answers.

I have a greencard and I fell in love with hatian guy, who lives in DR. Where can I read information about what to do? How long its takes to bring him here? Thank you for your answers.

Comment

If you have a greencard it takes longer ..as much as 9 years depending on the priorities..

Comment

you can read about the process
        http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb9...CM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

and check 2A category (how long it takes to get an immigrant visa number for spouses of permanent residents)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3100.html

Depending on how long you have been permanent resident, becoming US citizen may cut a few years of waiting. Spouses of US citizens don't have to wait for an immigrant visa number. US citizen can also petition for a fiance.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mrs. lonely heart:
          Hi Aneri

Do you know if it's possible for a permament resident petition for the spouse and later(when petitioner becomes a US citizen)file another petition to replace the first one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once PR becomes resident, he/she should call NVC and upgrade the "old" I-130.

Comment

It might be better to either wait until you become a US citizen, or to have him try to come another way.
            Have a nice day

Comment

Working...
            X