Married to Military

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married to Military

Does being married to a military member help the permanent residence process at all? or any benefits during the petition.

Does being married to a military member help the permanent residence process at all? or any benefits during the petition.

Comment

Married to Military Member does help.
      Before you depart you should inform the BCIS/USCIS and attached the letter from area command.
      Your time will be considered as present in US.
      see USCIS/BCIS link.

Comment

We have not filed anything yet, I was not planning on leaving the country since my spouse will only be overseas for 1 year at the most. Why do you say that it does help?
        Thank you for your response.

Comment

To clarify: spouse is citizen and also in the military and you're wanting to know if that will speed up YOUR permanent residence process?

Comment

yes, spouse is cititen, and yes I would like to know if that will speed up the process and how?

Comment

I know for sure that many spouse of US Citizen have been benefited in passed.
              Since your spouse is a citizen then you will need 3 yaers to be qualified for Citizenship.
              It will not help you unless you want to move overseas, for longer then one year.
              please refer to section 328,329 of INA

Comment

Working...
              X