Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B marries in June, visa expires in May

Hello all,

I am from Ireland, and have been legally working here for close to 10 years. From student visas to H1B (my current status)

Well, time has progressed, I am becoming older and my fiance and I are marrying next June of 2007. As some know, booking venues et etc is not easy and we were not able to book a date till that month. Now the unfortunate part is that my visa expires exactly one month before my marriage.

Some might say to have a civil wedding before hand, but we feel that is wrong. We have been investing so much time into next year, taking our vows for a second time appears like a lie.

Can arguments me made for that month of time with our lawyer and how risky is it?

Any responces are always appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Hello all,

I am from Ireland, and have been legally working here for close to 10 years. From student visas to H1B (my current status)

Well, time has progressed, I am becoming older and my fiance and I are marrying next June of 2007. As some know, booking venues et etc is not easy and we were not able to book a date till that month. Now the unfortunate part is that my visa expires exactly one month before my marriage.

Some might say to have a civil wedding before hand, but we feel that is wrong. We have been investing so much time into next year, taking our vows for a second time appears like a lie.

Can arguments me made for that month of time with our lawyer and how risky is it?

Any responces are always appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Comment

I suppose your fiance is a USC, so there are no risk involved for overstaying your visa for a month.You may apply in april for a change of status , and while your application is pending you are in legal status if you worry to much about that month.

All the best for you!
      www.USImmigrationforAll.com
      Frank G. Becker & Associates
      www.USImmigrationForAll.com

Comment

Thank you.

One thing though, we send in our application with all the information, and our marriage certificate one month later? Will that make a difference or slow down the application process?

Comment

Our lawyer says that the marriage certificate must be submitted with the application.

Any others ideas we very much welcome.

Happy holidays...

Comment

Working...
          X