Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 or 10 yr ban

Hi Everyone

I have a question I am hoping someone out there can answer : I would like to know how to find out if you have a ban for an overstay? are you usually told when you leave the country or is there somewhere you need to contact to find out this information. The reason I ask is that when I visited 3 yrs ago I still had my I94 when I returned home, I returned it to the address given but have no proof I did this. I would like to return and visit friends but do not want to be denied entry when I get here. Thank you

Hi Everyone

I have a question I am hoping someone out there can answer : I would like to know how to find out if you have a ban for an overstay? are you usually told when you leave the country or is there somewhere you need to contact to find out this information. The reason I ask is that when I visited 3 yrs ago I still had my I94 when I returned home, I returned it to the address given but have no proof I did this. I would like to return and visit friends but do not want to be denied entry when I get here. Thank you

Comment

Hi Teacup,

Have you overstayed? If not, and if you mailed your I-94 with the supporting documents about timely departure to ACS Inc, London, Kentucky address, you should be fine.
      If you want to confirm whether or not your departure is now on record and if 4 months have passed since you sent I-94, you can write to:
      U.S. Customs and Border Protection
      Air Sea Passenger Operation
      Room 5, 4D
      1300 Pennsylvania Ave.
      Washington D.C. 20229

You will need to provide your name, date of birth, passport number, and date of departure, in addition to asking whether or not your departure was recorded.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
      X