Who would you vote for and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you vote for and why?

All - Lets have some opinions here so we know where America is headed in the next 4 years. If you were eligible to vote (USC, Aliens, Illegals all are welcome to participate), who would you vote for and why? Please provide your reasoning in no more than 7 bullets. Each bullet point can have maximum 5 sentences.

Please limit your vote to Hilary, Obama, or Mccain.
    I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

All - Lets have some opinions here so we know where America is headed in the next 4 years. If you were eligible to vote (USC, Aliens, Illegals all are welcome to participate), who would you vote for and why? Please provide your reasoning in no more than 7 bullets. Each bullet point can have maximum 5 sentences.

Please limit your vote to Hilary, Obama, or Mccain.
    I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

Comment

I think I'm going to sit this one out. I'm not happy with any of them at this point. Will be the first presidential election to miss for me.
      I voted for Obama in the primary, but things have gone downhill for him too.

My primary desire is not to have 4 more years of the same.

Comment

I'd go for Obama still. Even though he's flawed in some ways, he still seems to come across as genuine. He didn't try to buy votes with the "gas tax holiday" thing and appears (just) to be above being in bed with the lobbyists. All politicians are gonna have to get to grips with special interests as some point.

Of course, this is all fantasy on my part. Until my FBI name-check is cleared, it'll be a long time before I can vote! Maybe in 2013?
        "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
          I think I'm going to sit this one out. I'm not happy with any of them at this point. Will be the first presidential election to miss for me.
          I voted for Obama in the primary, but things have gone downhill for him too.

My primary desire is not to have 4 more years of the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey may be then you and me can run for President and VP....what do you have to say?

Comment

lol - thanks for the offer, but no thanks. Holding office ages a person and I want nothing to do with that.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
              lol - thanks for the offer, but no thanks. Holding office ages a person and I want nothing to do with that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear ya...when Bush joined the White House he had black hair...and look at him now..

Comment

Clinton didn't look so great when he left office either. Must be a killer of a job! lol

Comment

Clinton didn't look so great when he left office either. Must be a killer of a job! lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well he did leave with Lewinksy

Comment

I would vote for Obama if I could, but to be honest with you, I don't have any valid reasons as to why.

I haven't been following it lately and not into politics much, so what I have to say on the matter, wouldn't count for anything.

I just feel that he would be new blood and so far liked what I have heard from him out of them all.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I guess I will learn more in time.

Oh I must add..before all this started, I wanted Hillary in, but she gone kind of mad since lol
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

I will be voting McCain. Not that he was my first choice on the Republican ticket (Bloody Huckabee dropping out, ya tosser).

Reason being, Obama and Clinton like to quote straight out of the Jimmy Carter presidential playbook. A lot of you are too young to know why Carter was a **** president, but he can be singled out as the man who made Iran what it is today. Think our energy issues are bad now? Talk to people who were around during the gas shortages of the 70s...or watch the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Huh...I just made that connection myself just now: Carter's policies inspired a freakish horror movie).

McCain might not be a saint, but he is certainly the lesser of all evils. I just really hope he plays nice with the right.
                      --------------------
                      "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Has to be Obama for me.
                        Steering clear of policies and sticking to the important issues here:

McCain is quite a guy but is quite an old guy... will he be around by the time the votes are counted ?

Hilary has done well for somebody who strikes most as a liar but how will they tailor enough pants suits for the next four years ?

Which leaves us with Obama, who my father in law is voting for. I mention this because my father in law, don't get me wrong here, is a decent guy but is very western pennsylvania. He owns a pick up truck, a beagle and has a rack of various rifles in his bedroom and is inclined to start ludicrously offensive comments with 'not being racist but...'
                        So my decision to support Obama stems from that if he can convince my father in law to vote for him, peace on earth will probably be accomplished by around mid March.

Comment

LMAO Bonsailfall..loved the story of your FIL.
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                          1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Has to be Obama for me.
                            Steering clear of policies and sticking to the important issues here:

McCain is quite a guy but is quite an old guy... will he be around by the time the votes are counted ?

Hilary has done well for somebody who strikes most as a liar but how will they tailor enough pants suits for the next four years ?

Which leaves us with Obama, who my father in law is voting for. I mention this because my father in law, don't get me wrong here, is a decent guy but is very western pennsylvania. He owns a pick up truck, a beagle and has a rack of various rifles in his bedroom and is inclined to start ludicrously offensive comments with 'not being racist but...'
                            So my decision to support Obama stems from that if he can convince my father in law to vote for him, peace on earth will probably be accomplished by around mid March. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He couldn't possibly be one who "clings to religion and guns" by any chance?
                            "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

I am still undecided and will not make my final decision until two days before the general election.
                              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Working...
                              X