I have a question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question

Ok....my sweetie came over for a visit.....and to be honest I cant bear for him to leave....if we get married while he is here can we file for an AOS with no hassle....? He is here on a VWP.....but I just cant stand the thought of him going home.....

Ok....my sweetie came over for a visit.....and to be honest I cant bear for him to leave....if we get married while he is here can we file for an AOS with no hassle....? He is here on a VWP.....but I just cant stand the thought of him going home.....

Comment

Yes you can..that's what I did.
      Get married, file the paperwork. Just DONT leave the country until he gets his green card.
      If the officers think though that he entered planning to get married, there may be some trouble ahead. But you'll probably be fine

Here is the INS link on it:

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/howdoi/LPRApplication.htm

You'll find all the files you need there.

Until you do FILE, not get married, FILE, if he gets stopped by the police or anything, they can deport him for overstaying so be careful!

Good luck!!

Comment

Thanks Marie......that makes me feel some better. He hasnt overstayed his VW yet.....his 90 days are up September 1....

But my children and I cant bear the thought of being without him....so we get married first THEN file the papers?

So we could get married right away right? Just trying to get it all straight in my head so I dont screw up...if they sent him back I would die!

Comment

Yeah get married first and then file your paperwork.
          THe safest thing would be to get married and file before his 90 days are up.
          You'll be fine
          Just read all the forms really really carefully, don't send originals, and photocopy everything you send for your records.
          If you have any other questions, let us know

Comment

Working...
          X