Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, my father is being held in a French airport for 3 days now

I send my father a ticket to return to US. He is a permanent resident and has been outside of the country for 11 months. He had stay longer due to my grandma getting seriously ill. There was nobody over there to support her so he overstayed. We still thought that the limit is one year, not 6 months. Somehow he boarded the plane in Belgrade Serbia (he is bosnian though) and flew to Paris. In Paris they noticed this issue and turned him in to the airport police. This has all happened on a weekens so that embassies were closed. He was detained for 6 hours in a room with no bathroom or food and later transfered to a red-cross sponsered hotel where he and dozens of other people have their rooms. The hallways are guarded by the police and nobody can exit. I can speak to him though. Every day the police would take him to the gate to go back to belgrade but he would say no and they would return him to this hotel. We have done this in order to wait until the embasy opens on monday to see if he can leave. Continental airlines has already booked his flight. My question is, what can i do and who do i call in order to resolve this issue? Is calling the us embassy in paris the right thing to do? Can anything be done at all while he is in paris in order to correct the problem and get him to the United States?

I send my father a ticket to return to US. He is a permanent resident and has been outside of the country for 11 months. He had stay longer due to my grandma getting seriously ill. There was nobody over there to support her so he overstayed. We still thought that the limit is one year, not 6 months. Somehow he boarded the plane in Belgrade Serbia (he is bosnian though) and flew to Paris. In Paris they noticed this issue and turned him in to the airport police. This has all happened on a weekens so that embassies were closed. He was detained for 6 hours in a room with no bathroom or food and later transfered to a red-cross sponsered hotel where he and dozens of other people have their rooms. The hallways are guarded by the police and nobody can exit. I can speak to him though. Every day the police would take him to the gate to go back to belgrade but he would say no and they would return him to this hotel. We have done this in order to wait until the embasy opens on monday to see if he can leave. Continental airlines has already booked his flight. My question is, what can i do and who do i call in order to resolve this issue? Is calling the us embassy in paris the right thing to do? Can anything be done at all while he is in paris in order to correct the problem and get him to the United States?

Comment

wow this is really strange nedo medo, the republicans detroyed our country and i am so sorry for your father

Comment

republicans had nothing to do with it. in my personal opinion republicans, democrats etc. is a made up term that does not exist in practice. it only exists as a fake movie that is being played over and over again in order to make people think that there is such a thing as democracy (a form of government that has never been practiced)

all there is in this world are slaves (you and me) and masters (rockafellers, rothchilds)

we are all being mislead and have always been.

it is our own fault and we deserve it because we are so easily fooled. when a web of lies has been fed to be public for decades, the speaker of the truth would seem as a raving lunatic and be cast aside.

if you can seriously watch an election and think that any of those men are sincere then i dont know my friend.

enough about things that cannot be changed, does anyone have any advice for me?

Comment

Sorry Davdah, the rule is 364 days. Anything over or equal to 365 days will require re-entry permit.

The issue might be some thing else here that OP has not disclosed. Her father would not have been detained because of this. Either it is something else or he indeed stayed past 365 days.
          If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Comment

I don't understand why he's being held in France. A PR can remain outside the USA for up to a year without the need for a re-entry permit. I can't think why the French authorities would not allow him to return here, unless they have some other information on him. It would be up to the US authorities to decide weather he is still a PR or not. The French would have nothing to do with it.
            They (US authorities) can review your father's PR status once he's been out of the country for more than 6 months and he would need evidence to prove he was intending to return.
            "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

He scammed Americans and now he is roting in French Jail. God works in a mysterious ways !!!

Comment

364!!! yep, Yep, Yep!!! 350 To Maintain that Safety Factor! .
                Something Missing However In this Story???????????????
                USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

I presue the Airline would not let him fly as they do not believe he has a valid document to enter the US and would be stuck with flin him back.

So that is the hurdle to overcome.

Comment

Does he have his green card with him? Sounds like the one way ticket issued from outside his country might be the sticking point<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nedo Medo:
                    I send my father a ticket to return to US. He is a permanent resident and has been outside of the country for 11 months. He had stay longer due to my grandma getting seriously ill. There was nobody over there to support her so he overstayed. We still thought that the limit is one year, not 6 months. Somehow he boarded the plane in Belgrade Serbia (he is bosnian though) and flew to Paris. In Paris they noticed this issue and turned him in to the airport police. This has all happened on a weekens so that embassies were closed. He was detained for 6 hours in a room with no bathroom or food and later transfered to a red-cross sponsered hotel where he and dozens of other people have their rooms. The hallways are guarded by the police and nobody can exit. I can speak to him though. Every day the police would take him to the gate to go back to belgrade but he would say no and they would return him to this hotel. We have done this in order to wait until the embasy opens on monday to see if he can leave. Continental airlines has already booked his flight. My question is, what can i do and who do i call in order to resolve this issue? Is calling the us embassy in paris the right thing to do? Can anything be done at all while he is in paris in order to correct the problem and get him to the United States? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Did your father have his Green card with him ?

I know that the US,UK & French have some of the most strict customs in the world but since he has the proper documention to transit through France & arrive in the US there has got to be a reason the French authorities detained him.

Comment

The U.S. can do nothing for him. He is under French jurisdiction for some crime there. The French do not enforce U.S. immigration law regarding an LPR being outside the U.S. more than six months. There must be some other issue for him to be deported from France to Bosnia.

Is he a Croatian or Bosniak?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed