Family Based Petition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Based Petition

My parents, and sister who is un-married and is a direct derivative of the application, have their family based petition from my citizen grandfather dated December 4, 2000. The current June visa bulletin shows the date for 3rd category for India at October 8, 2000.

What is the process once the date on the visa bulletin becomes current? How accurate is all that? Will they contact my parents to adjust or do they have to inquire to them? what are the steps after that? When do they get their work permit, advance parole, etc.? how many weeks or months until they are able to get their GC? does my grandfather need to be present during the process, he plans on being out of the country maybe in a few months for a few months?

Anyone who has been through this process or knows about it, would you please give a detailed response.

Thanks.

My parents, and sister who is un-married and is a direct derivative of the application, have their family based petition from my citizen grandfather dated December 4, 2000. The current June visa bulletin shows the date for 3rd category for India at October 8, 2000.

What is the process once the date on the visa bulletin becomes current? How accurate is all that? Will they contact my parents to adjust or do they have to inquire to them? what are the steps after that? When do they get their work permit, advance parole, etc.? how many weeks or months until they are able to get their GC? does my grandfather need to be present during the process, he plans on being out of the country maybe in a few months for a few months?

Anyone who has been through this process or knows about it, would you please give a detailed response.

Thanks.

Comment

They cannot adust if they are illegal or living in the U.S. in violation of the terms of an non-immigrant visa. Your grandfather needs to acutally live in the U.S. to sponsor a relative. He cannot be living outside the U.S. Illegal aliens cannot get advance parole or a work permit.

Comment

Thanks for the input Federale, but i forgot to mention that they filed before April 31, 2001. Which allows them to adjust under the 245(i), which means that even if they have illegal status here, they can pay a fine and adjust. My grandfather lives in the US, but is planning on going out of country to visit.

If you are familiar with this process please give your thoughts and knowledge. Thanks again.

Comment

any thoughts on this? just wanted to get his up on the list again. thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X