Enforcing I-864

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immigration attorneys will do anything for these scammers; they are willing to sell their soul !!!

Comment

Get a freaking job you lazy welfare recipient.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by newyorkr:
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
        Did the lawyer refuse to give them to you? If so what was their justification? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She said I can give you your W2s but not the I864 copies. No matter what you do family court or criminal court do not use the I-864 .. I think Hudson was right when he said they work for my husband not me. Is that possible? I dont know ..I dont have a lawyer yet for this asking for temporary support. I have a family law lawyer for the PO and assault which is in NC. Do u think I need one for this here in NY?

Thank You </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        For you to file in New York State to petition for divorce, you would have to be a continuous resident for 2 years or longer if you did not marry in the state or the cause did not occur in the state (NY Domestic Relations Laws - Article 13 - Sections: 230 and 231). Thus, you would need to obtain a divorce lawyer in NC and have them subpoena the I-864 document through NC divorce laws. However, have the divorce lawyer subpeonae all documents relating to support including current income and financial status. This will be the best option to make a good argument for spousal support.

As Sprint said, it will depend on the divorce judge. Your divorce attorney will need to explain that immigration law, ie I-864, must also be met and that the divorce outcome cannot be construed in such a way to jeapordize your immigration status and obligation by both parties (you and your husband). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good Morning ! and thanks for your advice ,, I have registered to go back to school here in NY. Financial Aid. I have to have a career to be able to have a decent job.. I am looking for P/T jobs.. its tough out there but Im trying .. Also what will happen now that he has been subpoenaed to come here for the temp SS I filed? It says on the summons if he doesnt appear he will be arrested. Does he have to appear and argue jurisdiction?

Thanks again- I will be in NC tomorrow for another case (assault and PO) I will inquire with my lawyer
        Thanks again

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by newyorkr:
          Good Morning ! and thanks for your advice ,, I have registered to go back to school here in NY. Financial Aid. I have to have a career to be able to have a decent job.. I am looking for P/T jobs.. its tough out there but Im trying .. Also what will happen now that he has been subpoenaed to come here for the temp SS I filed? It says on the summons if he doesnt appear he will be arrested. Does he have to appear and argue jurisdiction?

Thanks again- I will be in NC tomorrow for another case (assault and PO) I will inquire with my lawyer
          Thanks again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          First, I have every confidence that you will find a job that should help, at least, with your immediate living expenses and school. It will be rough at first, but you will persevere through this ordeal. Just do not be discouraged by some of the posters here.

As with the spousal support, more than likely, it will be remanded to the NC divorce court for proper jurisdiction. His attorney will more than likely file a motion to dismiss your spousal support request. But there may be a chance if it is an emergency for you to meet necessary living expenses. This could inclde reimbursements for any expenses incurred while traveling to and from NC since that is the state where divorce would more likely be granted.
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
            Did the lawyer refuse to give them to you? If so what was their justification? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She said I can give you your W2s but not the I864 copies. No matter what you do family court or criminal court do not use the I-864 .. I think Hudson was right when he said they work for my husband not me. Is that possible? I dont know ..I dont have a lawyer yet for this asking for temporary support. I have a family law lawyer for the PO and assault which is in NC. Do u think I need one for this here in NY?

Thank You </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            For you to file in New York State to petition for divorce, you would have to be a continuous resident for 2 years or longer if you did not marry in the state or the cause did not occur in the state (NY Domestic Relations Laws - Article 13 - Sections: 230 and 231). Thus, you would need to obtain a divorce lawyer in NC and have them subpoena the I-864 document through NC divorce laws. However, have the divorce lawyer subpeonae all documents relating to support including current income and financial status. This will be the best option to make a good argument for spousal support.

As Sprint said, it will depend on the divorce judge. Your divorce attorney will need to explain that immigration law, ie I-864, must also be met and that the divorce outcome cannot be construed in such a way to jeapordize your immigration status and obligation by both parties (you and your husband). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Hudson.. I am planning to get a divorce after 6mos here in NY .. make him come to NY I had been in NC 4x the cost, of going back and forth for the assault charge.. I filed It had been continued till Jan. He had me arrested for 3rd party call for Dvpo he took against me.. My witness is from NY and he had to go to NC 2x on top of that he had me arrested for Breaking and Entering..the incident happend Aug I was not arrested that time and the cops took me home in the report no damage or nothing has been stolen etc.. But he had me arrested the night before I will be in court for the Dvpo hearing I was able to Post Bail and made my court date. Now you know how I feel. The reason I want it to be here in NYC and also he had no evidence or proof for the violation of Dvpo. My lawyer asked his lawyer to liosten to the recording he had.. It didint say anything that I Asked a third party to call him.
            Yesterday he called my witness from his lawyers office but my witness hanged up on him
            Thanks again ....

Comment

Thanks - I havent filed divorce yet....

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMicheal:
                Immigration attorneys will do anything for these scammers; they are willing to sell their soul !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Immigrants = Bread and Butter!!! Zero Financial Gain From Assisting Truth, Justice, etc. Etc. USC, out Of The Loop!!! Worthless As Income Potential! However Immigrants Are Prime Rib Juicy!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$. Even From The Very Culture Of Their Own!!! Easiest Path For Trust!!! What Could Be Easier Than Knowing Ones Culture And Using It To Advantage! If One Goes to Another Country and Seeks Assistance? Would One Feel More Comfortable With Stranger? Or One Of Their Own??? BETRAYAL For $$$$$...!!!
                USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation