• Show
Clear All

• Enforcing I-864

Can Someone help me how to enforce the I-864 against my spouse

Thanks

Thanks

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by newyorkr:

Thanks

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get your ugly, filthy a## out of this country. That is the only way to enforce 864 you fraudster.
      If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by newyorkr:

Thanks

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        If your ex is not meeting the obligations set forth in divorce preceedings, you can file a motion ot have your rx centempt of a court order. Or you may want to contact your divorce attorney to see what other options you have. The I-864 is used primarily to show support for a marriage or family based adjustment of status. Any enforcement is not borne of USCIS, but divorce court.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by a9b3h5:

Thanks

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get your ugly, filthy a## out of this country. That is the only way to enforce 864 you fraudster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

excuse me? why is there so much hate in your heart? I asked a simple question..

Comment

Not sure if this was for my benefit or not but I will give you an answer.
            Only way to enforce it is to take spouse to Federal court.

If you are going through divorce and don't make enough to live on, you have to file a temporary order of support.
            It is down to the divorce judge to whether he will take the affidavit into consideration when he makes his final decision at trial and if you cannot meet the poverty level alone even with working.
            There are many factors, but a divorce Judge will not enforce the affidavit. Unless under his/her discretion.

Unfortunately if separated, there is nothing you can do unless you go to Federal court, which usually would be advised to do only after the divorce settlement. Often most people don't need it as by that time you would be on your own feet.

If you do have a temporary court order of support, as Hudson has mentioned, your spouse will be in contempt and you can file that against them. Even though he/she could go to jail, once they pay up they are off the hook in most cases. And if anything like mine...he/she could keep doing it just to make life harder.

Good luck
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
            1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Hello Newyork

welcome to the forum .

This is a really general statement you are making here. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

You will have to give us some information. Do you have permanent green card, conditional greencard. Are you seperated/divorced? blah blah.
              Are you trying to get spousal support and want to use the 864 as your documentation?

Only then can we give you advice.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by a9b3h5:

Thanks

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get your ugly, filthy a## out of this country. That is the only way to enforce 864 you fraudster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

excuse me? why is there so much hate in your heart? I asked a simple question.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hate because filthy animals like you want to come here, sit on their fat, ugly a@@ surfing the net 24/7 and don't want to work and have innocent USC take care of you. Just remember when you take your USC to court, he/she can equally come after you for fraud and sue the fook out of you. If govt can come after you and penalize you with 250K, he/she can bring up the same claim.

Comment

I Become so Tired Of seeing 1% Of The Actual situation!!!!
                  The Original Creator Of The Post, Never Gives Up The Goods!!! Thee Entire Story!!!! What Happened? start to Finish!!!! Details!!!! Who? What? Where? When????
                  USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

The I-864 is for the government's benefit, not for yours; you are a scam artst

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
                      I Become so Tired Of seeing 1% Of The Actual situation!!!!
                      The Original Creator Of The Post, Never Gives Up The Goods!!! Thee Entire Story!!!! What Happened? start to Finish!!!! Details!!!! Who? What? Where? When???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi- I came as a fiancee visa and I was married last year... I received my temp GC 2 mos ago and went to school as a P/T.... I still have till Aug to graduate.. I had sold my property in South East Asia before I left my country and had deposited it in my bank account ( not joint) ... I found that my husband transfered the money from my account to his account.. I confronted him and he said He will pay me ahen he sells one of his rental home. But That started the wedge between us I considered it stealing, He then gets upset when I mention it. Months later I discovered he paid off his ex wife house and is seeing her while living with me. When I confronted him he assulted me and I had to call the cops . He was arrested and is on bail. When I got home he had left me a note that he closed our joint account where our bills are drafted and he gave a 30 day notice in our townhome , he took all the immigration papers all documents I had in the house taxes etc.... He left me with nothing to live on, the following day I was served with an order of protection .. I cannot contact him so I had to hire a lawyer to dispute the DVPO. I dont want that to be in my records his statements are false.. in that DVPO he had to make uop something so he can be issued we have a court date on Jan ... I had stopped going to school to get a job ... I am babysitting, doing house keeping jobs,,, I need at least Temporary spousal support. He has moved back with his ez wife with a house paid off and no bills from the money he illegally took from me. I went to the localpolice and the detectives are working on it to file a case against him... They are looking into my computer , he may have a spy ware installed how he got my password ..

Any more Questions I am here to answer it...

Comment

It was from my account back home and I just had that account with me since... Bank of America.. I had that property inherited from my parents. We were suppose to buy a home and I would help in the deposit.. It was saved for our future home. Until we find something. I woulod be dome by school and I would help with the mortgage. That was not for myself he knew that from day 1.. The reason I sold the property .. to get one here. Not for myself alone.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                          The first mistake was keeping things separate to begin with.

Think about it. You were living in a place paid for by him. Going to school on his dime. Living off of him. Yet, wanted to keep 'your' money all to yourself. Seems to me you started the wedge yourself from the beginning. This is just the result of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Davdah

what is wrong with you man.. This is an attack without the facts.

This was her home and her funds. It is up to her if she wishes to share. She chose not to.

How do you know that she is living in a place paid for by him? She has money and may be contributing . How do you know that she is going to school on his dime? she has money and she also has a greencard and can get student loans etc.

According to her story, it seems like a clear cut story of scam by the usc to take her money and make things work with the ex. He stole the money. This was not money in a joint acount that was legally taken by execising joint ownership. He stole the money.

@newyorkr

There are some discrepancies in your story. first,, why have you not brought charges against your husband for theft of funds from the account in your name? Well, actually the bank would be bringing the charges. Was this an online transfer?

2nd If your husband assaulted you and the police were called, I am sure that the police advised you to file a protection of abuse order so that he would not be allowed back into the house. Yet you are saying that he got out of jail and filed an order against you?
                          These orders are taken seriously, and they do not even enact temporary ones without credible evidence or testimony. Have you since filed a protection order against him?

What is this 30 day townhouse notice bit? Did you just rent the house, and were you only on a month to month lease or what?

If this was a real assualt, he is looking at jail time.

You are looking for advice in the wrong place here. You need an immigration lawyer with background in family law to advise you. I suspect he will be filing a divorce . You have a conditional greencard. The conditions will have to be removed. You have a short term marriage from the first interview. It will be difficult to get a greencar filing on good faith marriage. You best option will be to remove conditions based on physical and emotional abuse. (theft of monies and cheating with ex wife.) Just make sure you document everything and have evidences to support.

You most likely cannot get spousal support unless you are ill. Emotional and depression will qualify. Start seeing a Doctor for treatment of your depression which I am sure has set in. If you live in a state that has spousal support, apply and also get a copy of the I-864 to bring to court . Have the domestic relations force him to supply copy of the immigration papers and I-864 during the conference or court hearing.

What is the deal with the townhouse? You are not on the lease, ? If you are, cancel the 30 day notice.

Good Luck, and see an attorney right away to protect your rights.

One more thing, you came on a fiancee visa, so you cannot remarry another usc without first returning to your homeland. It is important for you to get your 10yrs card.

Comment

4NOW you are blindly believing that newyorkr is honest. How do you not know the story is fabricated to obtain advise on I864 enforcement? Have you seen any evidence to the contrary or proving what she is alleging?

In an immigration world, all are fraudsters until proven otherwise. So by that token she is one of the fraudster.

Comment

It was an online transfer... The detectives have my computer checked we havent filed yet because they want to have all the documents and proof .. We are filing by mid Dec. He assaulted me on a Thurs... No I did not file a dvpo. Fri when I came home he left me a letter stating he closed bank account.. scheduled my utilities to be turned off , in 3 days and He gave a 30 day notice in our townhome. We dont have a lease .. its a mo to mo rent . I was served then a DVPO Sat. I havent seen him since the assault. I moved out. I cant pay my rent. Im in NY now I dont have a copy of the I-864 he took all documents when I was out Fri what is domestic relations? You mentioned to force him I can get a copy?
                              I will start to see a Dr for depression will that be allowed in Ny court?

Comment

Working...
                              X