Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

approved battered spouse petetion working without work permit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• approved battered spouse petetion working without work permit.

I filed battered spouse petetion in Sep , it was approved now i have to change my status and get a new work permit , my wp expired 3 years ago i have still been at the same job and paying taxes .. I am scared that i will be denied when they find out will I penalized?
    hopeful I really needed to work since my 6 yr old son is disabled and his abusive dad left the country and went to Switzerland and I could not afford his diapers and meds without a job.

help
    waiting 6 years

I filed battered spouse petetion in Sep , it was approved now i have to change my status and get a new work permit , my wp expired 3 years ago i have still been at the same job and paying taxes .. I am scared that i will be denied when they find out will I penalized?
    hopeful I really needed to work since my 6 yr old son is disabled and his abusive dad left the country and went to Switzerland and I could not afford his diapers and meds without a job.

help
    waiting 6 years

Comment

Did you came to this country illegaly?

Comment

I came as a student in 1996 .I have a ss # and an expired work permit.I was in the process of getting my green card and my ex left and went to another country with a woman he met.
        My petetion has been approved . they have told me to apply for work permit and change of status . I am just scared because i never stopped working even with my expired work permit .I also pay my taxes.
        waiting 6 years

Comment

Another fraudster beats the system !

Comment

Michael, you must obviously be a Native American, since you believe that you are the only person whom has a right to be here , My ex is part Native American so i believe that my son may have more rights here than you .
            waiting 6 years

Comment

Deeshortesthair,
              You are good. I went through the same.Apply for work permit to Vermont office. They will "forgive" you for working illegally.You had no other choice, you had to survive.

Comment

thanks rin
                it is in the mail
                waiting 6 years

Comment

Working...
                X