N-400 Timeline -- LA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 Timeline -- LA

For those who are interested in how long it takes to get the citizenship interview in L.A. -- our N-400 was received by the USCIS Jan. 3, fingerprinting appointment was sometime in April and we had our interview today -- Sept. 23 so it takes around 9 month from the time of filing (for ours, which I assume was a pretty straightforward case). We were told the oath invite should be coming in another month or so. Good luck to you all!

Congratulations, Tuska
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Tuska! Good luck to you at the oath ceremony!!!

Comment

Don't vote monkeys.

Comment

It depends on the application.

Sometimes it may take a while.

Comment

I guess it does. I have just received the oath invitation letter for Oct.9, so the whole process took 10 months in my case. Again -- best of luck to you all.

Comment

My whole process took 4 months from applying to oath - in the San Fransisco area. I have to say NCIS staff were great throughout.

Enjoy the ceremony ! It's a big day but low pressure - they got the level or formality (or informality) just right. We had 1444 new citizens from 105 countries!
              Wolf. Right Here and Now

Comment

I wished I applied recently than two years ago because it takes just as long - minus the trouble I had to go through. I applied in 2006 and only got my citizenship last month due to the delay in the FBI name check. I heard they speed that up now - for the election or for whatever reason.

Comment

I know someone in Virginia who recently became a citizen. From the time she applied until her oath ceremony, it took one year.

Comment

Working...
                  X