Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will N-400 be expedited in current (election) yr?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will N-400 be expedited in current (election) yr?

My lawyer told me that in election year, they usually process the N-400 cases in short time in order to increase the voters. I wonder if that is true or not. I applied this April at VT center and got notification for fingerprinting for end of June. According to the update dated May 13, Norfolk (I believe my case will be handled by them) is processing nn-400 cases dated May 7, 2003. Anyone have a guess if they will really expedite the N-400 cases this year?

My lawyer told me that in election year, they usually process the N-400 cases in short time in order to increase the voters. I wonder if that is true or not. I applied this April at VT center and got notification for fingerprinting for end of June. According to the update dated May 13, Norfolk (I believe my case will be handled by them) is processing nn-400 cases dated May 7, 2003. Anyone have a guess if they will really expedite the N-400 cases this year?

Comment

The "expediture" depends on the politcal affiliations of the district. But in general it is tradiotionally known that new immigrants tend to vote more often than not Democratic, rather than Republican, so in my opinon (and depending where you're located), chances that you gain your U.S. citizenship expeditly right now AND still have enough time to register for vote in time are very slim.

Comment

Working...
      X