can somone help me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can somone help me

I am an american citizen. I would like to bring a man i am inlove with to american. He is a moroccan.I have an illness called lupus so for health reasons i can not live permenently in morocco.He is willing to come here to american to live permenently with me here,but i dont know the procedure or with the laws here if it even can be done at all.I am very unhappy here without him and i cant live there in morocco with him. What can i do? HELP!

try to fill out the fiancee visa forms. if u are engaged and plan on marrying each other. that is what we did about 3 weeks ago. we are waiting for a decision. dont know about the illness part but im sure if its controlled and he's taking care of it there shouldnt be any reason why he couldnt come here. contact or go online to the immigration website. sorry i prob wasnt much help, best of luck to u and ur boyfriend. take care

Comment

Moroccons tend to be terrorists. You should seek psychiatric help immediatel. The lupus has effected your judgment.

Comment

Michael you don't have to be so rude. The lady needs some good advice, she is ill, not your disgusting comments

Comment

Hi Lisa

You said you want to bring him here. You have not clarified if you want to bring him here for a visit or if you want to marry him to come here . Please state your need. We can then direct you as to what you will need to do or advise you. There is a big difference as to what the advice will be based on your answer.

I am sorry to hear that you have lupus. but there are people in morroco suffering with lupus all day long and they live there. you dont have to but I am curious as to why your condition would keep you from traveling/living there?

Comment

Originally posted by marlo:
            Michael you don't have to be so rude. The lady needs some good advice, she is ill, not your disgusting comments
            THANK YOU MARLO FOR YOUR KIND WORDS!

Comment

Originally posted by 4now:
              Hi Lisa

if you want to bring him here for a visit or if you want to marry him to come here .
              I am sorry to hear that you have lupus. but there are people in morroco suffering with lupus all day long and they live there. you dont have to but I am curious as to why your condition would keep you from traveling/living there?
              Hello 4now thank you for your post,
              My illness has complications,for example i have a heart ,kidney,problems and i am photo sensitive which means i cant be out in sun to long.Hear in manhattan my medicine is covered, But if i had to pay for it it would be about $500. a month.I can and do travel to morocco.I will go in may when it is not so hot.But I dont think without both of us working we wouldnt be able to pay for drs.and meds.in morocco.So the answer to the other question is yes i would marry him here if it is possible.

Comment

sorry i prob wasnt much help, best of luck to u and ur boyfriend. take care[/QUOTE]

thank you fingercross your post is helpful and good luck to you also.

Comment

Originally posted by lisa L:
                  I am an american citizen. I would like to bring What can i do? HELP!
                  I WILL BE GONE TILL THURSDAY TO ANSWER ANYMORE POSTS! THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!

lisa L.

Comment

The fiance visa you have to prove a face to face meeting with him, which would mean you have to go over there at least once to meet him. Being moroccan I kind of doubt they will give him a tourist visa to come visit you, but if they did you can marry him here & adjust status. Check the travel.state.gov website for particulars on K1 (fiance) and K3 (spouse) visa.

Comment

How did you meet your Moroccan boyfriend? Was he in the US as a student and did you study together? Were you in the Peace Corps and get to know him well living overseas? Are you of Moroccan descent and is he a close family friend?

Lisa L- I don't want to sound rude, but you will want to be very sure of this relationship before you start the process. Many non-citizens prey on people in your situation, and unless you have a very good reason for the relationship, your case will go under very lengthy investigations for fraud. You will have to be brutally honest with yourself and ask; why would someone want to be in a relationship with an individual with such severe medical problems? If you don't have substantial evidence, a Homeland Security investigator will answer it for you; to get a green card.

So being aware that everyone you encounter will believe that your relationship is fraudulent and your boyfriend is only using you to get a green card, you have the option of marrying him in the US or marrying him overseas. Read about the fiancé visa process (K1) and about the immigrant visa process (IV and K3). The US Embassy in Morocco does not allow direct Consular filing, so those are your only options if he can not get a visa on his own, e.g. H1B employment visa.

The second problem you will likely have is with the affidavit of support. Even if the relationship is valid, he isn't going to be able to come to the US if you or a cosponsor can't support him. Read about the affidavit and the requirements of section 213 of the INA.

Don't expect sympathy because of your medical problems. Those with experience have seen this scenario play out tragically too many times.

Comment

Oldman:

Are you a Homeland Security Dept Investigator!?

Comment

Old Man, you bring up excellent points! One has to really be careful not to be used just to make it to US soil and get a Green Card.

For Moroccans, going to the US or Canada is a huge opportunity and it is cautious to assume that the motives may not be solely based on love and relationship.

Please Lisa, be careful on what you're getting into.

I know a Canadian guy who met a girl from the Philippines. As soon as she came here, he married her to keep her in the US and next thing you know she moved in with her aunt and didn't want anything to do with him. He is a very nice guy, too nice if you ask me, and she took advantage of him. These are common situations.

Good luck,

Catherine

Comment

What can i do? HELP![/QUOTE]

Thank you all for your advice you all make a good point.But if anyone of you have ever been in love you know it is all about trust hope and faith.It is always possible that he is taking advantage of me but i dont believe that. After all he is the one who sent me to this site to get advice, He also made it quite clear that he would prefer to stay in morocco with me. I didn't know that my illness is known in this country at all because he never heard of it.but when I get there next month I will investigate how much does my medicine cost there. We are determined to be together somehow. For me I would be more comfortable in American where all my family and friends are, I also have a great doctor that I am happy with. And again I thank you all for your help. I will be back Thursday to see if there are anymore posts.

Comment

Unless he has broken some type of law or has a disease like AIDS it is unlikely that you will have any difficulty bringing him over to the USA as your fiance/spouse... you will just need a little bit of patience.

The quickest way to bring him here is on either a K1 (fiance) visa or a K3 (spouse visa) but both are non-immigrant visas and would require AOS after a few months!

Good luck to you!

Also, you might want to check out www.immigrate2us.net - you might find that forum a little nicer!

Comment

Working...
                              X