Travelling to US

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to US

My daughter filed a petition for me to imigrate to US. The petition has been approved by USCIS. But I do not want to go to US to live and work there. I have a multiple B2 Visa which was issued before the petition was filed. I previously travelled to US several times. My question is "Is there any harm in travelling to US as a visitor on that B2 visa which was already issued?

Thanks

My daughter filed a petition for me to imigrate to US. The petition has been approved by USCIS. But I do not want to go to US to live and work there. I have a multiple B2 Visa which was issued before the petition was filed. I previously travelled to US several times. My question is "Is there any harm in travelling to US as a visitor on that B2 visa which was already issued?

Thanks

Comment

At what stage is your immigrant visa process? When do you plan to travel to the US?

In your situation, I would cancel the immigrant petition before enetering the US on tourist visa. There may be some questions at POE regarding your intent: they may want to make sure that you are not going to stay in US and adjust status (and circumvent consular processing).

Comment

Working...
      X