Violation of student visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Violation of student visa

If somebody enter the U.S on F-1 student visa and attended the school on his I-20 then drop out of the that school without finishing the course of study does he considered out of status and in violation of his visa entry terms?

In this case does he consider out of status from the first day he put his legs in the U.S airport or from the day he dropped out without finishing the course?
    Anybody experience with student visa violation and what the regulations say?
    Thanks to all.

If somebody enter the U.S on F-1 student visa and attended the school on his I-20 then drop out of the that school without finishing the course of study does he considered out of status and in violation of his visa entry terms?

In this case does he consider out of status from the first day he put his legs in the U.S airport or from the day he dropped out without finishing the course?
    Thanks to all.

Comment

a lying scumbag is a lying scumbag, no matter how you spell it.

Comment

An international student is considered out-of-status (illegal) once they drop out of school.

I wouldn't worry too much about, though, as immigration laws don't really count. I'm sure that the U.S. Senate is currently creating a Bill that will allow you to remain in America regardless of what you do...you'll be able to bring your entire family (especially if they don't speak English - and will promise to refuse to learn - and bonus points if they also don't have a high-school diploma) and they'll all be entitled to welfare benefits and social security. It will also be discouraged for Americans to complain about this burden on their country.

Comment

I hope that congress sends every illegal alien to proudusc's house and explora's trailer...no doubt these two would welcome 12M dirtbags....

Comment

S12 PLEASE GET OUT OF YOUR TRAILER GET A VIBRATOR AND STICK IT ALL THE WAY IN PLEASE YOU NEED TO GET BUSY AND HAVE SOMETHING BIG IN YOUR ****ING ***

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Depika:

Thanks to all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Technically, you would be considered out of status when you drop out of school and have not notified USCIS of that event. What was the reason for dropping out of school? Are you considering changing your institution? Medical problems? Financial problems from home? Marriage?

If you have a legitimate circumstance and wish you reinstate your F visa status, you can petition USCIS with form I-539.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

I doubt if USCIS would entertain reasons such as health and money for dropping out of school. Before an alien is granted a student visa, he or she must make sure that he or she has the money to support himself/herself and is in good health (prior medical exam is required).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Depika:

Thanks to all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                Technically, you would be considered out of status when you drop out of school and have not notified USCIS of that event. What was the reason for dropping out of school? Are you considering changing your institution? Medical problems? Financial problems from home? Marriage?

If you have a legitimate circumstance and wish you reinstate your F visa status, you can petition USCIS with form I-539. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Why is everyone keep talking around the answer???

If you do not know the answer to this topics question, Don't bother trying to answer it or give your opinion.

If you have a student visa,and you stop going to school (college),basically drop out, you have violated your visa terms and it will become unvalid and you will become deportable since the new law (after 9/11) all school,university administration is requeired by law to report the international students absence,drop out, from the university,college,or high school to Homeland Security (INS department) And no attorney,no law protects them by not being sent home.Since a international student has no rights to be here and the only right they have is and only is to be able to go to school and finish it.ONLY.The minute they stop going to school,makes the visa invalid and out of status!

Comment

Who's talking about the answer? We're talking about the question and problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HBKHBK:

If you do not know the answer to this topics question, Don't bother trying to answer it or give your opinion.

If you have a student visa,and you stop going to school (college),basically drop out, you have violated your visa terms and it will become unvalid and you will become deportable since the new law (after 9/11) all school,university administration is requeired by law to report the international students absence,drop out, from the university,college,or high school to Homeland Security (INS department) And no attorney,no law protects them by not being sent home.Since a international student has no rights to be here and the only right they have is and only is to be able to go to school and finish it.ONLY.The minute they stop going to school,makes the visa invalid and out of status! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                      I hope that congress sends every illegal alien to proudusc's house and explora's trailer...no doubt these two would welcome 12M dirtbags.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for bringing my name up again! Do you realize how popular you are making me here (even in my absense of 4 days)? What a true joke you are. Hope you've battened down the hatches on your trailer, S12, because tornado season is coming!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by macyuhoo:
                        I doubt if USCIS would entertain reasons such as health and money for dropping out of school. Before an alien is granted a student visa, he or she must make sure that he or she has the money to support himself/herself and is in good health (prior medical exam is required). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        It would depend on the facts and circumstances. A student who contracts a severe case of the flu could drop out because they missed so much school and are not able to keep up. And since the student's parents will more than likely be supporting and paying for college, a lot could happen in a short few months like losing a job, losing their business, the economy turns into a depression, etc. This is exactly what happened with Japanese student more than ten years a go, Korean student more than 8 years ago, and with Indian and Indonesian students more than 5 years ago.
                        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HBKHBK:

If you have a student visa,and you stop going to school (college),basically drop out, you have violated your visa terms and it will become unvalid and you will become deportable since the new law (after 9/11) all school,university administration is requeired by law to report the international students absence,drop out, from the university,college,or high school to Homeland Security (INS department) And no attorney,no law protects them by not being sent home.Since a international student has no rights to be here and the only right they have is and only is to be able to go to school and finish it.ONLY.The minute they stop going to school,makes the visa invalid and out of status! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                          I think you need to read the instructions for I-539 which the F student status could be reinstated:
                          F-1 Reinstatement:You will only be considered for reinstatement as an F-1student if you establish:
                          -That the violation of status was due solely tocircumstances beyond your control or that failure toreinstate you would result in extreme hardship;
                          -You are pursuing or will pursue a full course of study
                          -You have not been employed without authorization; and
                          -You are not in removal proceedings.

That is what the instructions state. Extreme hardship can include medical, political or armed conflict in your home country, or financial reasons. There may be a few others, but those are the most common. You must prove it, of course, and it is not guaranteed. But if this is your situation, consult an immigration attorney for help.

Comment

sorry proudusc, but you can't use my key words and sayings, then try to pass yourself off as clever instead of ignorant. The Energizer Bunny is at your front door, carrying new "D" batteries for your vibrator.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                              sorry proudusc, but you can't use my key words and sayings, then try to pass yourself off as clever instead of ignorant. The Energizer Bunny is at your front door, carrying new "D" batteries for your vibrator. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you really this much of an idiot? I thought so much better of you. I don't need any batteries - married and happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X