Not sure if I should file a Form I-765

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if I should file a Form I-765

I recently got married and am trying to adjust my status to permanent resident. I'm in the US with a working visa H1-B, but I'm planning on switching jobs. Should I file form I-765 and if I do what should I write on question 11 (Have you ever applied for employment authorization from USCIS) and if the answer is yes, what documents need to be attached to this form. Before having an H1-B visa I was on a student visa F-1, I'm not sure if that matters.

Any light anyone can shine in this matter will be very much appreciated.

I recently got married and am trying to adjust my status to permanent resident. I'm in the US with a working visa H1-B, but I'm planning on switching jobs. Should I file form I-765 and if I do what should I write on question 11 (Have you ever applied for employment authorization from USCIS) and if the answer is yes, what documents need to be attached to this form. Before having an H1-B visa I was on a student visa F-1, I'm not sure if that matters.

Any light anyone can shine in this matter will be very much appreciated.

Comment

I would file I-765 with the H1-b visa just in case. That way you avoid having problems. Maybe the officer will say that since you file thru marriage, that you should file that application or he might say that when filing your adjustment application thru marriage, your h1-b is not valid, and therefore, should not be working, also maybe your interview be before you get ur work permit, but to be on the safe side, file it. Someone will tell you that u dont have 2, that is just giving money away, but u never know, that way you cover your self.

Comment

Working...
      X