no updates on priority dates in visa bulletin site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no updates on priority dates in visa bulletin site

why is there no updates for the priority dates family based in the visa bulletin?
    anyone knows?
    i noticed 2 updates for july and one for august.
    usually on the 15th of the month, they show the new dates effective the next month.

why is there no updates for the priority dates family based in the visa bulletin?
    anyone knows?
    i noticed 2 updates for july and one for august.
    usually on the 15th of the month, they show the new dates effective the next month.

Comment

Just be thankful it didn't retrogressed like the employment based one. USCIS is having real problem with processing.

Comment

Check again. There's a September update since yesterday, dated August 13, 2007.

Comment

Well, there is an August report but it's the same one issued last month. There is no August report for September dates, I should say.

Comment

It's been updated, however I have a question how is it that the 2nd preference for green card holders is in front of 1st preference - that doesn't make sense? Green card holders it seems have more priority over US citizens.

Comment

FB2 is in front of FB1 because there're more visa numbers allocated for them. Besides, FB2 also consists of unmarried children of LPR, over the age of 21.

Comment

i think we all know that. however, what i believe traveler is trying to say, is that is not fair for the FB2 to be ahead of the fb1, they should cut down on their visa numbers and give it to the fb1. because after all we should take care of our citizen first

Comment

So in your opinion, would you advocate FB3 and FB4 instead of FB2A? Afterall, they're families of USC.

Comment

Marmaduk, does that mean that if you are over 21 of a USC and have a priority date of say May 2002, dos that make you date current and a visa number is available? Thanks

Comment

i know my last statement could be miss leaded. i do respect and agree with the priorities for each category. however, it molest me to know that someone who is suppose to be behind the line, is ahead. because after all, thats why we have priorities for

for example
                      do you know that fb1 only gets 23,400 visa numbers per fiscal year while fb2 114,200, fb3 gets 234,00 and fb4 gets 65,00

now we might not have as many citizen petitioning for their children as we have residents petitioning for their spouses and children. But i still believe the system should cut some of their visas and give them to the FB1 until they catch up and become the real "first priority" so we can at least say that our government distinguish what the word priority means. (and let's not to get about the subject that the immigration system is broken, because that whole another book)

Comment

traveler:
                        Is the child of said USC married or not?

daflyboy:
                        Fair enough. But looking at the grand schema of things, does it not occur to you that perhaps the lower limit is there for a reason? Afterall, there're more ways in which a USC children can be granted USC status, without having to utilize the FB1 status, while the FB2 are pretty much the only options available for spouses and children of LPR?

Comment

Unmarried over 21

Comment

Then their PD won't be current yet (FB1 PD is at 10/01/01).

Comment

Daflyboy, I'd like to know what other options are available child of a USC? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X