Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIANCE WITH GREENCARD FILING FOR SPOUSE??????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIANCE WITH GREENCARD FILING FOR SPOUSE??????

Hello,
    My fiance is getting his greencard soon through Father petition. we've been together for 5 years now and we're seriously considering marriage. The big question is: If he marries me while he only has a greencard how long must i wait for my own greencard, and will this affect my fiance's case for citizenship? And will this affect the duration of my case for citizenship ultimately (meaning what is the difference if we marry with his greencard or with his citizenship?) THANK YOU!

Hello,
    My fiance is getting his greencard soon through Father petition. we've been together for 5 years now and we're seriously considering marriage. The big question is: If he marries me while he only has a greencard how long must i wait for my own greencard, and will this affect my fiance's case for citizenship? And will this affect the duration of my case for citizenship ultimately (meaning what is the difference if we marry with his greencard or with his citizenship?) THANK YOU!

Comment

The difference is if she files for you (her spouse) while a citizen you do not have to wait for a priority date. If she files for you while a PR you will have to wait 4 years for a priority date (7 years if you are from Mexico).

Either way it will not have an effect on her citizenship as long as she is truthfull about everything she says and files.

Comment

csunkala speaks English...so, she can't possibly be from Mexico.

Comment

Working...
        X