adjustment of status as a battered spouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjustment of status as a battered spouse

I am filing for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status as a battered spouse.
    I asked different lawyers what forms do I have to fill up and pay and all gave me different answers.
    What I've got from the uscis.gov website is what to pay and what to fill up.
    Can you please tell me if I am correct, I would really apreciate...

I-360 No fee for battered spouse
    I-485 $930 plus a biometrics fee of $80
    G-325 No Fee
    I-765 No fee If you filed a Form I-485
    I-864W Affidavit of Support Exemption for battered spouse $70

I am ready to aplly, ma I right?
    Thank you

I asked different lawyers what forms do I have to fill up and pay and all gave me different answers.

G-325 No Fee

Thank you

Comment

Hello monica_x,

Can you Provide More information? Or are you Still Recovering from your Horrible Ordeal? black eyes, bruises, cuts, etc?

You came to the right place dear. just Provide a little more details? The Situation? What Happened? tell Your Story? Thanks.
      USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by monica_x:

G-325 No Fee

Thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        Before I answer, may I ask you a couple of questions. I am assuming you did not receive your conditional green card? And are you currently divorced or in divorce proceedings?

The reason I ask it may alter which forms you should file.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Thank you very much for your help.
          I applied for the green card with my ex husband and at the first interview I did not get it since he did not have his divorce paper with him and I believe he did not bring it intentionally with him.
          However he did not want to carry on with the proces and than I had to divorce him since he was very bad to me. He did not beat me but abused me and I had to go to the doctor who prescribed me Prozac and I am still on it
          The doctor is giving me the papers stating my poor mental condition due to my husband behavior.
          I hope this will answer your question.
          All I want to know if the papers I mentioned before to fill up are correct and the fees.
          Again, thank you for your help.

Comment

Hudson, I did not get my green card and we don't have any children together.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by monica_x:
              Thank you very much for your help.
              I applied for the green card with my ex husband and at the first interview I did not get it since he did not have his divorce paper with him and I believe he did not bring it intentionally with him.
              However he did not want to carry on with the proces and than I had to divorce him since he was very bad to me. He did not beat me but abused me and I had to go to the doctor who prescribed me Prozac and I am still on it
              The doctor is giving me the papers stating my poor mental condition due to my husband behavior.
              I hope this will answer your question.
              All I want to know if the papers I mentioned before to fill up are correct and the fees.
              Again, thank you for your help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Then, Sammy is correct. Good luck to you.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

So, I was right with all the papers and fees?
                Thank you

Comment

I Would Still Like To Hear The Story.

over One Thousand Here. Care To Share?????
                  USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

I will, now I am so worried with filling up the papers and making everything right..
                    Will I get an work authorization?

Comment

I will, now I am so worried with filling up the papers and making everything right..
                      Will I get an work authorization? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      Hi Monica,
                      Once the I-360 is approved, the work authorization would then be authorized through the I-485. I think one of Sammy's link has info on work authorization.

Currently, it will take about a year for the I-360 to be approved. One more thing, if you file the I-360 under prima facie, USCIS would then grant temporary assistance for up to 6 months on medical and other government assistance.

Comment

How much did you pay doctor to write that fabricated note? Another fraudster trying to ruin an innocent American.

Comment

LOL, now taking Prozac is evidence of abuse. Poor baby. VAWA is the prime source of immigration fraud. S****d liberals can't do anything honestly.

Comment

another potential visa cheat, who scammed a marriage and is now whining because her husband might have called her a name...'abuse?'..yea....right...what a load of manure.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                              Prozac is a high end antidepressant. Prescribed for chemical imbalance issues. No connection to abuse.

If this were an actual case a more suitable prescription would have been something along the lines of an anti-anxiety drug. Xanax or Luvox would be more appropriate.

USCIS is well aware of this. They take into account what the medicine is and the dosage. And, if its still being prescribed long after the so-called abuser is gone. Lets not forget the requirement of 'extreme' cruelty. This is merely a case of a chemical imbalance, not abuse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                              Whether it is Xanex or Prozac Davdah, both drugs work on the chemical balances inside the cranium. However, it is entirely possible that Xanex may not be suitable for her. And by the way, Xanax is highly addictive and very prone to substance abuse, not to mention all those nasty side effects. It is quite possible that a medical explanation would show shy Xanax is not suitable for anyone who suffered emotional or physical abuse. As for Luvox, it too may not have helped the OP. With Luvox, it is primarily used for obsessive-compuslive disorders Davdah, not high anxiety. thus, that medication can slos be eliminated for potential use by the OP and the physician.

Davdah, depression can be caused by emotional distress. It is the most common effect when someone has experenced physical and/or emotional abuse. Depression can also be caused by traumatic events that indirectly affect the person's perspective on the environment surrounding that person. Another common example is post traumatic stress disorder. but that is another topic.

But lets get back to depression and how emotional abuse can cause someone to be severely depressed. Lets use you as the lab rat and me as Dr Phil. I will put you in a home where you cannot get out of. Every day, three times a day, no matter what you do, what you say, what you cook, what you watch, and what you ****ose will not be good enough, will not satisfy your partner, will not help you or understand what is going on. There is no where you can go, no one to help you, no one to care for you, no even cares for you. YOU ARE TOTALLY ALONE DAVDAH

The question is, how soon will you start becoming depressed, Davdah.

Comment

Working...
                              X