Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am so confused, I don't know what to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so confused, I don't know what to do?

Hi, I came into the US in 1997 as a derivative asylum after my father(when I entered the ins stamped my passport: "Political asylum granted" After 1 year I filled for AOS and 10 months later I had the interview. Now,after so many years( today) I received a letter form ins and they want me to fill out I -589(applic. for asylum)because I am over 21 years old, and in my original I-589 I was a dependent child(my father filled out for me). Is it possible at this point that the INS can deport me even though I came here as a family reunification with my father, and after so many years can I be deported?.I am so scared of that. The reason why I ask you is because I was planning to buy a house next week and now I have no courage to do it,all I care is not to be deported. Maybe I am the type who worries to much. Thank you very much

Hi, I came into the US in 1997 as a derivative asylum after my father(when I entered the ins stamped my passport: "Political asylum granted" After 1 year I filled for AOS and 10 months later I had the interview. Now,after so many years( today) I received a letter form ins and they want me to fill out I -589(applic. for asylum)because I am over 21 years old, and in my original I-589 I was a dependent child(my father filled out for me). Is it possible at this point that the INS can deport me even though I came here as a family reunification with my father, and after so many years can I be deported?.I am so scared of that. The reason why I ask you is because I was planning to buy a house next week and now I have no courage to do it,all I care is not to be deported. Maybe I am the type who worries to much. Thank you very much

Comment

Did your father never apply for permanent residency?

I would consult a lawyer on this one.

Comment

Yes , my father is a PR.

Comment

Why did he not put you on his application?

Comment

My father came here in '85. He was granted political asylum shortly upon his arrival. Than after a few years he filled out to bring me here, in 1992 my visa was approved. after I finished High- schooll in 97 I came over.

Comment

I would call a lawyer and see if there isn't anything else you can do.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Working...
              X