I-864 QUESTION?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 QUESTION?

Iam sponsoring my husband for a permanent residency . His a.o.s is on a final stage . We have recived an appointment letter for interview. . we have never send i-864 with i 485 application. Aletter indicates to bring complite i -864 for an interv. here is our financal situation : my husband -(sponsored immigrant) is a self-employedand making as a contractor 70.000.00 a year .He is beeng running his bussiness for 8 years . filing tax`s .I-(the sponsor)do not work due to a fact that we have two small children witch i amwatching for. we have beenmarried for 8 years and always filed join tax returns, including only his earnings + income from our real estate. Can i include his earnings on i-864 in order to meet requ.income , and if yes shuld we attached i 864A FORM .????????

Iam sponsoring my husband for a permanent residency . His a.o.s is on a final stage . We have recived an appointment letter for interview. . we have never send i-864 with i 485 application. Aletter indicates to bring complite i -864 for an interv. here is our financal situation : my husband -(sponsored immigrant) is a self-employedand making as a contractor 70.000.00 a year .He is beeng running his bussiness for 8 years . filing tax`s .I-(the sponsor)do not work due to a fact that we have two small children witch i amwatching for. we have beenmarried for 8 years and always filed join tax returns, including only his earnings + income from our real estate. Can i include his earnings on i-864 in order to meet requ.income , and if yes shuld we attached i 864A FORM .????????

Comment

Are you a citizen?

if you are you on the right track , and the form will give you a complete guide on how to proceed , you will also need to submit "sponsor and household member agreement" with a seperate i864 for him.Good luck!

Comment

Iam green card holder .so i am going with visa quota limit ,but his visa category is now avail. .the hole process took 8 years . in the guide for i-864 its information that a hosehold member who is the immigrant you are sponsoring only need complete i-864a if his or her income will be determine to support a spouse or children immigrating with him or her witch is not in our case. so remaining qoestion : do we still nedd to bring attachment i-864a ? yes or no?//

Comment

Has your husband had a valid EAD card or other employment authorization for the past 8 years?

Comment

yes he has had

Comment

ENYONE HAS AN ANSWER?????????????????????/

Comment

Ok, before we proceed let me get something straight. You said that your husband has employment authorization right. When you filed the 1-485 & 1-130 did you also file the 1-765(employment authorization)?

Comment

If your husband has worked 40 quarters (10 years) social security credits or total 40 SSA quarters combine from both of you after your marriage , you do not need I-864. Few new immigrants are eligible for this exception, but you and your husband may be able to benefit from it since he has been working for at least 8 years and making a decent income.

Here is the link for reference

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm#arethere

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/h...AFDSUPTCCA.PDF

Good luck

Comment

If the wife has happened to work for a couple of years and earned 8 credits during the marriage. they can combine them together. She only needs to make less than $4,000 any time per year to earn that 4 credits. Of course, if he is the only source of income and has been only working 8 years, it is irrelevant. The original post did not specify whether the husand worked or not before their marriage took place, nor does wife work history after marriage took place.

Comment

I can understand your situation, but you must need to find a co-sponsor (joint) if you really want his case to be approved because you don't have a qualifying income your own otherwise. Burden to fulfill all the requirements lies upon the beneficiary and not upon the INS.

This is absolute b-u-l-l c-r-a-p! The husband's income CAN indeed be included on the OP's I864, IF he is related (which he is) and IF has been living in the household for 6 months. No I864A is needed, if the husband has been in the household for 6 months his income and hers (which is none) would be placed in Part 4 of the I864.

Sammy, sorry man, but if you don't know what the h-e-l-l you are doing, at least say that it is an opinion! You are giving this person a coronary. Get a grip!!!!!!!!
                      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Really? Husband would place his income on the I864, not the I864A, as you are suggesting.

Regulations, law? Have a look at this:
                        "You may count the income and assets of members of your household who are related to you by birth, marriage, or adoption. To use their income you must have listed them as dependents on your most recent federal tax return or they must have lived with you for the last 6 months. They must also complete a Form I-864A, Contract between Sponsor and Household Member. If the relative you are sponsoring meets these criteria you may include the value of their income and assets, but the immigrant does not need to complete Form I-864A unless he or she has accompanying family members"

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm

Yes, it is useless spending time on a posting where the author cannot or will not admit when he is clearly wrong!
                        The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Now that wasn't so painful was it?
                          A much better answer than the garbage you posted before, dont'cha think?

Originally posted by SAMMY
                          "Though I usually ignore postings that make no sense, but thought to clear it up something here.

I think you failed to read the law WELL and my above posting as well wherein I clearly said that since her husband is also a SPONSORED alien then ONLY TIME his income could ever be used for this requirement if other family member is immigration with him as well. It could be his spouse and children, but since noone is immigrating with him then his income alone CANNOT be used for this requirement.

I surprise how people could not even read the law well on this when OP was even able to read and comprehend the simlicity of it well because she did mention about it in her posting. Let me quote her posting in its relevant part-"in the guide for i-864 its information that a hosehold member who is the immigrant you are sponsoring only need complete i-864a if his or her income will be determine to support a spouse or children immigrating with him or her witch is not in our case."

It is useless to spend time on a posting that doesn't make a sense at all."

Comment

Working...
                          X