visa overstay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visa overstay

Hi Everyone, this is my first time on here, my question is : my friend has overstayed their visa here in the usa by a little over 18 months now a family problem has arisen and they need to get back to the Uk. They want to fly back via Mexico City does anyone know if they will have any problems entering mexico because of the overstay here in the states? Can they just walk across at any border point, I know they do not need a visa as a British citizen but would they need a tourist card, as they will only be there for transit reasons and heading straight to the airport without any detours? They intend to travel by greyhound from texas to mexico city how will this work as regards crossing etc. I know I have asked a lot of questions but any help on this matter you can give, I dont want them to buy tickets and then not be allowed across border as they have enough problems back home. Thank you

Hi Everyone, this is my first time on here, my question is : my friend has overstayed their visa here in the usa by a little over 18 months now a family problem has arisen and they need to get back to the Uk. They want to fly back via Mexico City does anyone know if they will have any problems entering mexico because of the overstay here in the states? Can they just walk across at any border point, I know they do not need a visa as a British citizen but would they need a tourist card, as they will only be there for transit reasons and heading straight to the airport without any detours? They intend to travel by greyhound from texas to mexico city how will this work as regards crossing etc. I know I have asked a lot of questions but any help on this matter you can give, I dont want them to buy tickets and then not be allowed across border as they have enough problems back home. Thank you

Comment

They probably won't have any problems entering Mexico - but there will definitely be problems if they attempt to re-enter the States in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X