bringing son to U.S.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bringing son to U.S.

I am a greencard holder, married to a US citizen for the last 7 years. I have a 15 year old son from a previous marriage in australia.

His mum has agreed to let my son come live with me. It is my understanding that my U.S. citizen wife can use form I-130 to bring him to the states.

My question/s are:

1. Naturally he wants and we want him here as soon as possible. Is it perfectly legal/ok to have him fly here under the visa waiver program from australia, and then file the I-130 while he is here?

2. will he be able to go to school while this is processing?

3. or do we have to file the I-130 with him in australia and wait for that to process before bringing him over (and having to wait a year, or whatever the wait time is on the processing)?

4. how do i find the wait time for I-130 ? when i look on the texas service center web site for processing times, i dont see a time for I-130 thats fits our scenario.

thanks in advance.

I am a greencard holder, married to a US citizen for the last 7 years. I have a 15 year old son from a previous marriage in australia.

His mum has agreed to let my son come live with me. It is my understanding that my U.S. citizen wife can use form I-130 to bring him to the states.

My question/s are:

1. Naturally he wants and we want him here as soon as possible. Is it perfectly legal/ok to have him fly here under the visa waiver program from australia, and then file the I-130 while he is here?

2. will he be able to go to school while this is processing?

3. or do we have to file the I-130 with him in australia and wait for that to process before bringing him over (and having to wait a year, or whatever the wait time is on the processing)?

4. how do i find the wait time for I-130 ? when i look on the texas service center web site for processing times, i dont see a time for I-130 thats fits our scenario.

thanks in advance.

Comment

You may want to visit http://visajourney.com

and look here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...?showforum=111

Per your questions:

1. I don't think so.

2. Public School ? Probably yes. Even illegals can go to school.

3. That would be the best way from legal standpoint

4. Not sure

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, for legal advise consult a practicing professional.

Comment

Working...
      X