Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bin Ladin Appears on New Tape (Fox News Report)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bin Ladin Appears on New Tape (Fox News Report)

Bin Laden Appears on New Tape

Friday, October 29, 2004

WASHINGTON "” The Arab television station Al-Jazeera is broadcasting a new tape from Al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden.

Multiple sources told FOX News that the 18-minute videotape is authentic and said its release was timed to coincide with Tuesday's presidential elections. Bin Laden makes reference to recent conflicts in Iraq and addresses the American people directly, sources said.

U.S. officials said the tape appears to have been made recently. Bin Laden is speaking from a lectern and he talks about threats to the United States and he says that President Bush will not protect the American people

Al-Jazeera said the tape deals with the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States and their consequences. While the announcer said the message was an audiotape, the station's Web site called it a video.

The Qatari-based channel did not say how it had received the tape nor how it had concluded that it was authentic.

The channel has previously received audio- and videotapes from people linked to Al Qaeda.

FOX News' Bret Baier, Ian McCaleb, Anna Persky and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

All rights reserved.
    Copyright © 2004 ComStock, Inc.
    This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Copyright 2004 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

-----------

Right before the election. How apropos.
    Formerly Josephine Schmo

Bin Laden Appears on New Tape

Friday, October 29, 2004

WASHINGTON "” The Arab television station Al-Jazeera is broadcasting a new tape from Al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden.

Multiple sources told FOX News that the 18-minute videotape is authentic and said its release was timed to coincide with Tuesday's presidential elections. Bin Laden makes reference to recent conflicts in Iraq and addresses the American people directly, sources said.

U.S. officials said the tape appears to have been made recently. Bin Laden is speaking from a lectern and he talks about threats to the United States and he says that President Bush will not protect the American people

Al-Jazeera said the tape deals with the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States and their consequences. While the announcer said the message was an audiotape, the station's Web site called it a video.

The Qatari-based channel did not say how it had received the tape nor how it had concluded that it was authentic.

The channel has previously received audio- and videotapes from people linked to Al Qaeda.

FOX News' Bret Baier, Ian McCaleb, Anna Persky and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

All rights reserved.
    Copyright © 2004 ComStock, Inc.
    This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Copyright 2004 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

-----------

Right before the election. How apropos.
    Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

The translation suggests "Do not vote for Kerry for America to have Hope!"

I am skeptical about the whole tape, I think its a political strategy to distract Kerry supporters.

Comment

I think you meant to say "do note vote for bush".....here's my problem if the terrorist say don't vote for Bush and Osama says don't vote for Bush.What do you do? Listen to terrorist? I'd like to here from the americans.....those of you who were planning to vote for Bush are you still going to?? Kerry supporters where do you all stand? Or is it reverse psychology?

Comment

I want to actually SEE and HEAR this tape, instead of just hearing ABOUT it.
          Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

Comment

Cutie.
              Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

I can see the tape, but I can't understand it, it's in Arabic.

Meanwhile, the media can say anything, and W. is going to speak soon. Nice "Ace in the Hole, huh?"

------------------

And what is this C-R-A-P where North Carolina is holding early polls AND they are saying poll workers are influencing the vote towards Kerry?

Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

Even Bin Laden doesn't like Bush and he is trying to get him out of the white house.

Is that house really white by the way?

Comment

Comment

Prediction: Kerry will win with a landslide. Over 60%.

Comment

I got a glimpse of it yesterday. It's white.
                        Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

Working...
                        X