Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best way to postpone a fiancee visa application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • best way to postpone a fiancee visa application

    Hi,
    I have an application that has basically been approved, but on the form one of the spaces was accidentally filled in as "n/a" instead of "none", so the office has asked for that to be fixed and then sent in... this would have been terribly frustrating, if not for the fact that just the day before, we had some serious issues come up between the two families. Now, the time of marraige and such is very much in doubt, and there is a chance that it may not happen at all. I wanted to know what the best way to postpone would be.. For now, I am simply holding on to the 'fix' that i need to send in since it has a deadline of sept 22, so I have a little time to get things sorted out. But, in case things are not sorted out by then, I don't want that she gets a visa and is free to come here and have me be liable for providing if we're not getting married... on the other hand, if everything works out by sometime in the next month or two, then I'd like to be able to get the paperwork done asap of course.. any ideas?

  • #2
    Hi,
    I have an application that has basically been approved, but on the form one of the spaces was accidentally filled in as "n/a" instead of "none", so the office has asked for that to be fixed and then sent in... this would have been terribly frustrating, if not for the fact that just the day before, we had some serious issues come up between the two families. Now, the time of marraige and such is very much in doubt, and there is a chance that it may not happen at all. I wanted to know what the best way to postpone would be.. For now, I am simply holding on to the 'fix' that i need to send in since it has a deadline of sept 22, so I have a little time to get things sorted out. But, in case things are not sorted out by then, I don't want that she gets a visa and is free to come here and have me be liable for providing if we're not getting married... on the other hand, if everything works out by sometime in the next month or two, then I'd like to be able to get the paperwork done asap of course.. any ideas?

    Comment


    • #3
      what was the date on your receipt notice you received and where did u file, as for your question, i know you can withdraw the application, but if you can write of call the ins, and ask to postpone it as your partner is not able to come or whatever, they should be able to advise you,

      Comment


      • #4
        it was recieved around 2 weeks ago. I'll try writing, but I'm afraid it might take to long for any sort of reply ..I'm in california.
        Thanks for the info

        Comment



        Working...
        X