Interview in a few days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview in a few days

Okay we are going for our AOS interview in a few days. Im an F1 overstay. Anyone will last minute advise would be highly appreciated.The past year has made me feel like a bloody private investigator collecting evidence taking pictures.Im glad its all going to be over in a few days/hours.
    AOS from F1 "overstay" to
    Sept.2004 Got hitched
    10/03/06 AOS packet mailed
    10.09.06 recieved
    10.16.06 Recieved NOAs
    10.18.06 all Touched
    10.19.06 I 765 Touched and Medical mailed
    10.24.06 recieved biometrics letter
    10.26.06 I 130 touched

Okay we are going for our AOS interview in a few days. Im an F1 overstay. Anyone will last minute advise would be highly appreciated.The past year has made me feel like a bloody private investigator collecting evidence taking pictures.Im glad its all going to be over in a few days/hours.
    Sept.2004 Got hitched
    10.09.06 recieved
    10.16.06 Recieved NOAs
    10.18.06 all Touched
    10.26.06 I 130 touched

Comment

The only advice, please be as honest as possible, try to over come any objections from the Immigration Officer and try to be as relaxed as possible. In what state are you going to be interviewing?!

Good Luck

Comment

The Volunteer state. TN wish me luck
        Sept.2004 Got hitched
        10.09.06 recieved
        10.16.06 Recieved NOAs
        10.18.06 all Touched
        10.26.06 I 130 touched

Comment

Wish you best of luck.

Comment

Mine was a week ago and it went fantastic. Tip, take a passport size pic with u ! Make sure u have something with both ur names on. Utility bill, life insurance, retirement fund citing the other as beneficiary.

It will go ok, get there early enough but not too early or they will tell u to come back. No cameras are allowed on ur posession so get the pics developed. u will see it will go ok.

Comment

Question for you .. How long have you been illegal? I will have the same problem with my wife in December. She will be probably overstay for months but less than a year since I will have my citizenship only in November.
              Thanks

Comment

providing u entered the country legally overstays are usually forgiven on marriage to a USC!

Comment

If you dont get caught before.

Comment

Thanks for the answer(s).

Two scenarios. If my wife overstay her F1/OPT what should enter as her immigration status the N-400. She has been always legal here but I understand she will be no longer a non-immigrant visa F1 visa holder. She has a A#.
                    - Should I enter her A# and put non-immigrant status on the field that refers to her status? Or what should I put?
                    - If we decide to my wife to leave the country legally (she can do that up to two months after I filed my N-400 application but the her F1 expires a few days before. She has 2 months to leave legally the country):
                    - Should I enter her A# and put non-immigrant status on the field that refers to her status? Or what should I put?

In both cases I do not think I should enter F1 as an immigration status. That will be no the case. If she does leave the country I could apply for her Green Card via consular process, what is actually faster.

Thank you so much for the input. I would appreciate a response.
                    Vincent

Comment

set up an appointment with an experienced immigration attorney.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vicent:
                        Question for you .. How long have you been illegal? I will have the same problem with my wife in December. She will be probably overstay for months but less than a year since I will have my citizenship only in November.
                        Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        I was never illegal. My case was approved with no problems
                        Sept.2004 Got hitched
                        10.09.06 recieved
                        10.16.06 Recieved NOAs
                        10.18.06 all Touched
                        10.26.06 I 130 touched

Comment

Ok, Let me re-formulate my question .. How long have you been out of status/overstay? You said right at your first comment. My wife situation will exactly the same. Please, help.
                          Thanks

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vicent:
                            Ok, Let me re-formulate my question .. How long have you been out of status/overstay? You said right at your first comment. My wife situation will exactly the same. Please, help.
                            Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            I was an overstay since May 2004 until april 12th when I got approved.Its not a big deal as long as you wife came here legally and has not been in trouble with the law. I know its easier said than done coz I was worried too but it was smooth sailing.Hope u get a nice interviewer. Good luck n pray a lot.
                            Sept.2004 Got hitched
                            10.09.06 recieved
                            10.16.06 Recieved NOAs
                            10.18.06 all Touched
                            10.26.06 I 130 touched

Comment

Working...
                            X