I need help! (Working visa)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help! (Working visa)

I don't have a bachelors degree but i got 2 yrs in college and 1 yr experience at my job right now. My boss wants to sponsor me for working visa. Do I qualified? Help plss

I don't have a bachelors degree but i got 2 yrs in college and 1 yr experience at my job right now. My boss wants to sponsor me for working visa. Do I qualified? Help plss

Comment

that depends on how you got here, and whether you are still in status or not. it also depends on what field you are working in and many other factors

Comment

I got here as K-4 visa holder but my stepdad and my mom divorced. my i-94 expires jan 06, our company is a importer of ceramics (wholesaler). My boss and I were the same nationality thats why he has a trust to me to do computer/paper works etc. do bachelors degree is important requirement?

Comment

Most work visas and employment based greencards are given out based on the fact that a person has some sort of ability or expertise or an education in a field where the US job market cannot fill all open positions (ie. nurses) Most of the time, the employer has to show that they cannot find someone with the same qualifications from the pool of USC and LPR. There are ways to "create" a job description that fits you specifically (ie. must speak certain language fluently, etc) He would apply for an H-1B work visa for you. If you obtain H-1B he can petition you for a greencard, which will be processed while you are working on the H-1B.

Since it is crucial to put together a good evidence package I would recommend getting an experienced immigration lawyer to help

also check out this link for more information on employment based immigration:
          http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/immstatemp.htm

Comment

I am not sure about the eligibily of K-4 visa holders.

You need to apply while still in status (before your I-94 expires)

Comment

I forgot to mention that there are only a certain number of visas available per year, which could mean that you would have to wait maybe years to get one. consult a lawyer and move fast!

Comment

Thanks to you guys.. I talked to a immigration paralegal and she told me that it will take time to get a visa for a guy like me co'z im not a professional and i dont even have a bachelors degree. any idea? marrying a USC is running in my mind right now...

Comment

Working...
                X