Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Issues

My wife applied for a 2 year Non immigrant visa for a vacation and was granted. Due to family reasons she couldn't make that trip.

The following year she decided to travel, though pregnant with the intent of delivering in the US. During the vist she used Medicaid to settle her hospital bills on the advice of medical personnel.

Subsequently, over the last three years she has not been able to secure a visa.

What are options available to her in order to be granted a visa?
    * Payback the bills
    * Apply for any form of waiver

Additionaly, can this affect her if she has an immigration intent.

My wife applied for a 2 year Non immigrant visa for a vacation and was granted. Due to family reasons she couldn't make that trip.

The following year she decided to travel, though pregnant with the intent of delivering in the US. During the vist she used Medicaid to settle her hospital bills on the advice of medical personnel.

Subsequently, over the last three years she has not been able to secure a visa.

What are options available to her in order to be granted a visa?
    * Payback the bills
    * Apply for any form of waiver

Additionaly, can this affect her if she has an immigration intent.

Comment

Hmmm!!! I wonder why she is unable to secure a visa??

Could it be that she came to America with the sole intent of delivering a baby? Could it be that she was a public-charge while here on a tourist visa that she misused?

In my opinion, your wife has ZERO chance of securing a visa...and neither does she deserve one. Although the money is not the primary issue here, if you have any integrity, you will repay the American people for the medical bills incurred in the delivery of your child.

As you are discovering...an anchor baby isn't really an anchor after all, except that it ensures that you're now anchored to your country of origin.

Plus, you talk of your wife and her immigrant intent like you're somehow removed from her devious behavior and intentions. How pathetic. You're just as "guilty" as she is.

Comment

Using Medicaid has no effect on the "public charge" determination. As a matter of fact, this "public-charge" myth has gained such a momentum that many states now advice aliens that using Medicaid has no effect when it comes to "public charge admissibility and removal".

Some of the services included in the delivery are rendered "to the benefit of the child", and by being a U.S. citizen, the child was most likely entitled to SCHIP coverage.

-THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE-

Comment

while there is nothing technically illegal about having a brat, er, a child in the US, the consuls are not likely to give another visa to some scam artist.....and so what? This lady obviously has zero respect for the taxpayers of the US...so why should we give her yet another chance to sock us for a $10,000 medical bill?Answer: no reason at all....I hope our consuls decline her future visa requests....

Comment

SunDevil & Someone 12,
            Many thanks, I'll appreciate relevant sections of the law that have been contravened!

Houston, many thanks for the encouraging words, but the questioni s what can we do about it.

mu

Comment

Mu: With all due respect, but your own words explain why your wife will be unable to obtain another visa.

Given that she entered the country on a tourist visa with the sole intent of delivering a child...well, that's an abuse of the visa privilege. I bet that she didn't tell the Customs and Border Protection officer that that was her intention...because she knew that she would be sent home on the next available flight.

You acknowledge that your wife...and by definition you also...have immigrant intent, and this is reinforced by the fact that your child is an American citizen. Given immigrant intent, you will be unable to secure a non-immigrant visa.

What can you do about it? In my opinion, nothing!! In any event, why are you so anxious for her to obtain another visa...is she pregnant again?

Comment

SomeDumb12, please get a life. Your annoying barking gets you nowhere. SunRabidUSA, you really are a pathetic loser. Posting your unwanted, worthless opinions on Christmas Day just confirmed that. I feel sorry for you...

Comment

whknappy: is your mother still wiping your behind for you and that is why your hands are free to type??

Comment

SunDevil,
                    Sometimes in your "hot air" you try to make some sense. The issue is not in the non-immigrant visa, but the immigrant visa she has won-ha ha.
                    Even if she is pregnant is that any business of yours. Still waiting for the relevant sections!!!

mu

Comment

Mu: So, between December 22 and December 26, your wife has gone from begging and pleading for a non-immigrant visa to having "won" an immigrant visa?

You expect us to believe this?

Comment

SunDevil,
                        I derive no value lying on the forum, I guess you understand the issues at stake(mentioned this intent in the initial posting). Why don't you allow yourself to make meaningful and helpful suggestions to people who are desirous of it. "A helping hand to someone in need will go along way" something a few Americans like you need to do more often.

Anyway, still expecting positive comments like Houston's. What is SCHIP, how can I get more info on this.

mu

Comment

Mu: I guess that your wife does all of the lying on your behalf.

Comment

Mu,

When you say your wife "won" a visa, do you mean in the Visa Lottery? If so, the day she became illegal (overstayed) she also became not eligible for the visa.

Comment

Cayita,
                              Many thanks for your reply. Yes the lottery, but note she never overstayed her visa.

mu

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed