Marriage based AOS but Old LULAC Case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage based AOS but Old LULAC Case

I was hoping someone could answer a couple of questions for me..

So to start off, i came to the US in 1990 via a B2 visa. i stayed undocumented until i was about 19, when we ran into a lawyer that said he could get me a greencard by claiming i was eligible for the lulac case (which was the amnesty they gave in 1982). obviously, i wasnt here in 1982, so i didnt have any proof. however, while they were deciding the application, they gave me a work permit, so i started working.

in the process of them deciding my lulac case, i got married to a USC (legit marriage) and I sent a letter to USCIS rescinding my lulac-based AOS interview. I then applied for the marriage-based AOS. On the marriage based 485, i stated that that i came to the US in 1990 and i also provided my A number that was associated with the lulac case.

so the question i have is are they going to question me at my AOS interview about the lulac case?

I was hoping someone could answer a couple of questions for me..

So to start off, i came to the US in 1990 via a B2 visa. i stayed undocumented until i was about 19, when we ran into a lawyer that said he could get me a greencard by claiming i was eligible for the lulac case (which was the amnesty they gave in 1982). obviously, i wasnt here in 1982, so i didnt have any proof. however, while they were deciding the application, they gave me a work permit, so i started working.

in the process of them deciding my lulac case, i got married to a USC (legit marriage) and I sent a letter to USCIS rescinding my lulac-based AOS interview. I then applied for the marriage-based AOS. On the marriage based 485, i stated that that i came to the US in 1990 and i also provided my A number that was associated with the lulac case.

so the question i have is are they going to question me at my AOS interview about the lulac case?

Comment

Sorry to say about your lulac case if they bring it you will be having a chances of deportation, i am in the same situation and this is according to my attorney.

Comment

Navid, when is your adjustment of status interview?

Comment

Pls what is the best way to handle this case.

I have a similar experience, can I withdrawl my lulac application and how do I do this.

John & Navid have you gone for your interview yet & what is the outcome.

Thanks you

Comment

Mr johnh it is too late to withdraw lulac application,i did apply in 1990 and entered in 1986 and was aware of the amnesty law but knew very well that i am not eligible for such programe but later i was misguided by the group of people who assure me about the late amnesty program and my application was approved and received my EAD in 1990 and in 1996 was taken back and since there was no response upto now,when i rececived my FOIA requested it was shocking everything written was baseless and late amnesty was basically lulac and css which was a law suit against INS and lot of innocent people were misguided and for the sake of few dollar those people played with someone future,so this is my remarks and myself do'nt what to do and if the times comes the truth will be expose, so good luck to everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X