Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABC NEWS POLL SHOWS PUBLIC OVERWHELMINGLY BACKS SENATE IMMIGRATION APPROACH OVER HOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC NEWS POLL SHOWS PUBLIC OVERWHELMINGLY BACKS SENATE IMMIGRATION APPROACH OVER HOUS

A new poll from ABC News and the Washington Post asked a number of immigration questions and findings were surprising

President Bush received poor marks for his handling of immigration with 33% approving and 61% disapproving.

The general public still ranks immigation low on the list of most important issues. Only 12% of members of the public consider immigration the most important issue and presumably views are split in that small number. This is consistent with other polls and this finding, compared with polls of Hispanic voters showing they overwhelmingly consider immigration the most important issue is giving Republicans some worries. They don't appear to be winning ovters with the anti-immigrant views, but there are clearly alienating the very important Hispanic voting community.

The public is now giving Democrats much higher marks on immigration issues than Republicans. 50% of the public approves the Democrats handling of the issue while Republicans only get 38% appvoal ratings.

75% of the public believes that we're not doing enough to thwart illegal immigration. But most, nearly 2/3, don't think that immigrants pose a threat to American workers.

The most interesting question, in my opinion was the following one which asked people to make choices regarding the major options being considered by Congress. Interesting, the House approach and the Frist approach are overwhelmingly unpopural.

A new poll from ABC News and the Washington Post asked a number of immigration questions and findings were surprising

President Bush received poor marks for his handling of immigration with 33% approving and 61% disapproving.

The general public still ranks immigation low on the list of most important issues. Only 12% of members of the public consider immigration the most important issue and presumably views are split in that small number. This is consistent with other polls and this finding, compared with polls of Hispanic voters showing they overwhelmingly consider immigration the most important issue is giving Republicans some worries. They don't appear to be winning ovters with the anti-immigrant views, but there are clearly alienating the very important Hispanic voting community.

The public is now giving Democrats much higher marks on immigration issues than Republicans. 50% of the public approves the Democrats handling of the issue while Republicans only get 38% appvoal ratings.

75% of the public believes that we're not doing enough to thwart illegal immigration. But most, nearly 2/3, don't think that immigrants pose a threat to American workers.

The most interesting question, in my opinion was the following one which asked people to make choices regarding the major options being considered by Congress. Interesting, the House approach and the Frist approach are overwhelmingly unpopural.

Comment

--------------------
      I have nothing else to say because this statement above speaks volume...I would love tancredo and the minute-men to get a hold of those polls's result and let me know what they think about it.

Comment

enought, aliba, sundevilusa, paddy,!??? where are you guys, how do you bigots feel about those new polls????

SUrprising how you bigot racist extremist decided to duck this thread...

Im glad foxnews posted the washingpost/blooberg poll...I saw lou dobbs show the other night, and i looked throught his eyes and seems like he's very annoy, could it be the new polls result?? ..iv noticed that lou dobbs has increased his rhetorics againt immigrants by bashing them harder..sound like a move of desperation for them.

aliba, enought paddy, are discourage..i think we must finish those bigots now rather then later, and demoralize them for good..lets put our foot on their throat and finish them off now.

Comment

Working...
        X