Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port of Entry Question

Hi All,

I have a question for which I am not sure of the answer. My business is establishing contracts with an individual (female) who owns a small business in Thailand. We are grooming that business to become a wholesale representative for our business in that country.

Anyway, this person has already obtained their b1/b2 visa and is scheduled to fly here in early Feb. At this time we are uncertain of the total length of the stay that will be required to complete our intended business. However, my business is resonsible for the purchase of the plane tickets.

What I am wondering is, is it ok for us to purchase only a one way set of tickets for this person at this time? Or are two way tickets required? Will a one way ticket be viewed as a problem by INS at the port of entry inspection?

It sure would be nice to worry about booking the return tickers after we've had a few days to confirm a more solid schedule.

Thanks,
    Ryan S. Johnson
    Guild of Blades Publishing Group
    Ryan S. Johnson
    http://www.guildofblades.com

Hi All,

I have a question for which I am not sure of the answer. My business is establishing contracts with an individual (female) who owns a small business in Thailand. We are grooming that business to become a wholesale representative for our business in that country.

Anyway, this person has already obtained their b1/b2 visa and is scheduled to fly here in early Feb. At this time we are uncertain of the total length of the stay that will be required to complete our intended business. However, my business is resonsible for the purchase of the plane tickets.

What I am wondering is, is it ok for us to purchase only a one way set of tickets for this person at this time? Or are two way tickets required? Will a one way ticket be viewed as a problem by INS at the port of entry inspection?

It sure would be nice to worry about booking the return tickers after we've had a few days to confirm a more solid schedule.

Thanks,
    Ryan S. Johnson
    Ryan S. Johnson
    http://www.guildofblades.com

Comment

that can be a hit or miss -- they may or may not ask her to see her return ticket once she enters the United States. can you purchase an open end ticket? book a return date with the possibility of extending the stay?
      if they do see that she has a one way ticket, they can make it difficult for her to enter the country, she could easily get sent to secondary inspection.
      is she is coming here on a tourist visa, they will want to make sure that she is not entering the country for business or to receive payment for any jobs/work she may do while she is here.

Comment

1. One way ticket will be higher then the returned ticket. You can also check with other Airlines as well.
        2. Upon arrival she will be allowed to stay for near about three to six months, this period of time will be enough to handle all business matters.
        3. Just to be on save side you may also send her PTA via any Airline, they will call her and infom her about the arrival of her ticket in Thailand, if she do not use the other part of her ticket it will be only payable in US Dollars to her unless you notify the Airline that it will be refund able to your company only.
        4. Inspector at the port of entery might not grant her entrey into US on one way ticket.

Comment

Working...
        X