Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long from the I-130 to get processed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long from the I-130 to get processed?

I filed the petition I-130 through an attorney at the Detroit Service center about 10 days ago.

The attorney was unable to tell me how long it would take for me to get a reciept notice and approximately how long does it take for them to schedule an interview for me.

I was looking at different websites with processing times. There wasn't a time listed for the Detroit service center, but do they mail applications to the national Visas Centers in Vermont, Texas and Nebraska based on where you live at?

I would really appreciate anyone's help in this regard!

I filed the petition I-130 through an attorney at the Detroit Service center about 10 days ago.

The attorney was unable to tell me how long it would take for me to get a reciept notice and approximately how long does it take for them to schedule an interview for me.

I was looking at different websites with processing times. There wasn't a time listed for the Detroit service center, but do they mail applications to the national Visas Centers in Vermont, Texas and Nebraska based on where you live at?

I would really appreciate anyone's help in this regard!

Comment

someone? Anyone?!

Comment

Probably a month or 2. Don't count on it being tomorrow.

What are you filing for? Adjustment of status?

Comment

MArie you are a darling.

I will be later filing it for adjust of status. Right now, I just want the I-130 approved as I am in proceedings right now. I hope it is in a month or two. That would be so great!

Thanks for the help. What service center did you file your I-130 at? Was it one of those busy ones or the small ones? How long did it take. Iam just going to compare it with where I filed mine that is in Detroit.

Comment

I'm talking about the receipt.

To have your AOS approved, it'll probably be at least a year to 18 months. Look at the timelines on the main ILW page.

You'll get your work permit soon, then fingerprints, interview and card!

Hope that helps.

Comment

see thats the problem! I am in proceedings right now and I dont qualify for AOS right now. This is so frustrating that till then I cant even work!

Is there anyway to expedite this process? I havent even heard from the Immigration court people on the date too! Otherwise we can tell the judge to expedite the process..

Comment

Proceedings? Deportation?

Comment

Yes Marie

I was on F-1 status and wasn't able to maintain it.

Comment

I really don't know what's going to happen then. I hope it works out for you though!

Comment

Another same situation... :-) Proceedings and I-130, I thought I was the only one :-)

Your I-130 goes to Nebraska Service Center my friend... When did you file it? We filed it on Jan 29... When you get your approval, they will most likely terminate the proceedings and you will file the I-485 at Detroit...

Comment

Bush Master were you able to file I-485 while in proceedings or no? My lawyer said we can.

I-130 being aproved in Ne is a good thing, if the case is in the courts jurisdiction. It gets harder for the I-130 to be approved. I have recieved a notice of action! I file about a month and a half ago!

Do you have an email. Perhaps we can exchange some info on our cases. I have some info that might help you too!

Comment

Beta Hello...

It's a sad situation that both of us are in Nebraska's hands... and no you can not file AOS (I-485) yet. You need to have your visa petition approved first. Otherwise, they don't know that you'll be staying in or leaving the US...

I might help you, since our situation is pretty same. You and I both overstayed our student visa.

Bushmaster78FS@rushmore.com

Comment

I emailed your BM!

I will be waiting for your reply1

Comment

For BushMaster & TheBeta,
                              What would give you the idea that INS will approve your applications when there are several defects in it ? INS has been consistently denying cases like yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X