marriege, I-130 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriege, I-130 question

My friend just married to US citizen and US citizen wife doesn't work right now and she didn't work last year either. She was caring for her elderly parents and was getting goverment support for it. Husband works and makes enough money to support both of them. Can he use his income to apply for green card? If he can't use his income what other options does he have?

My friend just married to US citizen and US citizen wife doesn't work right now and she didn't work last year either. She was caring for her elderly parents and was getting goverment support for it. Husband works and makes enough money to support both of them. Can he use his income to apply for green card? If he can't use his income what other options does he have?

Comment

Of course if your friend has a work permit he can use his income. If not, they will be better of getting a third party sponsor. Don't forget he must have paid his taxes for the previous years.

Comment

Your friend is the sponser of her husband.
        Does she have assets as in owning a house in her name with equity? Bank account with sizable sum?

the other alternative is to obtain a cosponser. perhaps her parents make enough to qualify as cosponser using equity in their house and their incomes.

Comment

Working...
        X