Passport expiration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport expiration

My husband's passport (Canadian) is expiring in August. He is going back to Canada to renew the passport, but I want to know if he can take the new passport to the local INS office and have them restamp it. He is a LPR and has his GC, but I still want to know if he will need to get anything stamped in the passport. We can apply for citizenship now, but do not have the money to right now, we were hoping to do that at the end of the year. But I just wanted some insight into the passport thing.

My husband's passport (Canadian) is expiring in August. He is going back to Canada to renew the passport, but I want to know if he can take the new passport to the local INS office and have them restamp it. He is a LPR and has his GC, but I still want to know if he will need to get anything stamped in the passport. We can apply for citizenship now, but do not have the money to right now, we were hoping to do that at the end of the year. But I just wanted some insight into the passport thing.

Comment

If he has his green card, he doesn't neet to get an I-551 stamp on his passport.

Comment

Working...
      X