Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 visa help and 2 year home residency requirement

Hi everyone

I entered the U.S. on a J1 visa with a 2 year home residency requirement. However when I finished my program, I did not return to my country but instead moved to canada where I got Canadian citizenship.

My question is can I go to work in the US now without having to do the 2 year in my country of origin since I am canadian now or I will still have to go back and do the required 2 year home stay before I can get work visa for the US?

Thanks

Hi everyone

I entered the U.S. on a J1 visa with a 2 year home residency requirement. However when I finished my program, I did not return to my country but instead moved to canada where I got Canadian citizenship.

My question is can I go to work in the US now without having to do the 2 year in my country of origin since I am canadian now or I will still have to go back and do the required 2 year home stay before I can get work visa for the US?

Thanks

Comment

That is very good question. Hmm.. Would you be coming to work here on what type of work visa? and how long now have u been canadian citizen and out of USA?

Comment

Working...
      X