N-400 on hold after interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 on hold after interview

i had my interview today, but the document the INS sent to me didn't specifically request to bring proof of 3 years of marriage with my wife. In addition to our marriage cert, her birth cert I brought 4 years of fed tax returns and joint bank statements but the officer didn't approve it.

They want me to send in further proof that we are still together, and she's going to business school in arizona so they want to see her school transcripts as well. I have 30 days to submit these docs.

Three questions:

1) If I'm denied naturalization does this affect my permanent residence status?

2) If this has happened to anyone else how long from the time you mailed in the supporting docs to the decision

3) If this application is denied will it affect my next naturalization application I will make at then end of the 5 year waiting period?

Any help is appreciated.

i had my interview today, but the document the INS sent to me didn't specifically request to bring proof of 3 years of marriage with my wife. In addition to our marriage cert, her birth cert I brought 4 years of fed tax returns and joint bank statements but the officer didn't approve it.

They want me to send in further proof that we are still together, and she's going to business school in arizona so they want to see her school transcripts as well. I have 30 days to submit these docs.

Three questions:

1) If I'm denied naturalization does this affect my permanent residence status?

2) If this has happened to anyone else how long from the time you mailed in the supporting docs to the decision

3) If this application is denied will it affect my next naturalization application I will make at then end of the 5 year waiting period?

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Comment

Being denied naturalization has no bearing on your LPR status or future application. Some people have their applications denied because they don't meet the qualifying standards or they submitted the wrong fees, etc. Unless, of course, you committed a fraudulent act by lying on your N-400 application...

Sounds like you are not with your wife anymore but that you are pretending that you are?

Comment

I'm still totally with my wife - she's in business school and we shuttle between our home and her school to meet. I'm more angry that the documentation outlining the requirements for the interview didn't state I needed all this extra documentation - it strictly asked for her birth cert & our marriage cert - that's it.

Comment

Man, you should know by now to always come fully armed for a USCIS interview.

If you're still together then don't sweat it. Give them what they want and you'll be good to go.

Sphy

Comment

Working...
            X