Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between EB3 skilled and EB3 other

Hi

I always thought that all applicants in teh EB3 category was treated equally. Why is it that a few websites suggested earlier in the year that hte EB3 Other category retrogressed and only later in the year the EB3 skilled/professional category retrogressed??

Thanks

jasguild

See for eg
    http://www.murthy.com/mb_pdf/041505_P.html

and I quote:

"The Employment-Based Third Preference Other Worker (EB3-OW) category for semi-skilled and unskilled workers is likely to continue to retrogress further since demand in this category is apt to increase. The number of immigrant visas available will be reduced from 10,000 to only 5,000 due to usage under the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA). More details on this likely continued retrogression are discussed in our NewsFlash, posted on MurthyDotCom April 14, 2005.
    ©MurthyDotCom
    There is better news on the EB3 Skilled / Professional Worker category, which is more relevant for most MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers. The EB3 skilled / professional worker category is for those in positions in which the job duties require a minimum of either a bachelor's degree or at least two years of training or experience. This category, which experienced retrogression starting on January 1, 2005 for persons from India, mainland China, and the Philippines, should continue to see forward movement in the priority dates. "

Hi

I always thought that all applicants in teh EB3 category was treated equally. Why is it that a few websites suggested earlier in the year that hte EB3 Other category retrogressed and only later in the year the EB3 skilled/professional category retrogressed??

Thanks

jasguild

See for eg
    http://www.murthy.com/mb_pdf/041505_P.html

and I quote:

"The Employment-Based Third Preference Other Worker (EB3-OW) category for semi-skilled and unskilled workers is likely to continue to retrogress further since demand in this category is apt to increase. The number of immigrant visas available will be reduced from 10,000 to only 5,000 due to usage under the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA). More details on this likely continued retrogression are discussed in our NewsFlash, posted on MurthyDotCom April 14, 2005.
    ©MurthyDotCom
    There is better news on the EB3 Skilled / Professional Worker category, which is more relevant for most MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers. The EB3 skilled / professional worker category is for those in positions in which the job duties require a minimum of either a bachelor's degree or at least two years of training or experience. This category, which experienced retrogression starting on January 1, 2005 for persons from India, mainland China, and the Philippines, should continue to see forward movement in the priority dates. "

Comment

Because the government forcasts a higher demand for people with at least a Bachelors degree. In my opinion it has to do with the number of auto plant closings that were recently announced (30k jobs lost by GM and another 30k from Ford) all of those people (well most) are unskilled and only have a high school education.

Comment

Working...
      X