Citizenship at risk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship at risk?

My friend has recently applied for U.S. citizenship. He is intending to marry a woman who has been in this country illegally more than 10 years. She has worked for most of those years and never paid taxes. If the INS discovers where she is, before he receives citizenship and before they are married, what are the chances that he would be denied citizenship? Could his green card be revoked?

My friend has recently applied for U.S. citizenship. He is intending to marry a woman who has been in this country illegally more than 10 years. She has worked for most of those years and never paid taxes. If the INS discovers where she is, before he receives citizenship and before they are married, what are the chances that he would be denied citizenship? Could his green card be revoked?

Comment

I forgot to mention in my last message that they are living together, so that he could be charged with harboring an alien.

Comment

If caught and the prosecutor descides to throw that charge it might stick.On the other hand if you friend is close to getting his citizenship they could wait till he gets it before getting married.It would be easier getting a gc for her once he is a citizen since she would most likely be pardoned.But the best thing to do would be to consult a good immigration lawyer in your area first.

Comment

Working...
        X