Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I 130 be expedited ?

Hi

Does anyone know if an I 130 can be expedited?

Hi

Does anyone know if an I 130 can be expedited?

Comment

I-130s are being approved ONLY once an immigrant visa is available (when a prospective immigrant's priority date becomes current). If an immigrant visa isn't available, then there's no point in having an approved I-130.

Comment

Hi, Thanks

The priority dates are current

Its just that the sevice centre is so far behind and only woking on case filed in 1996

And child may have aged out so have to do new petition and submit I 130 Child has been waiting since Jan 2002 already

Comment

answer is NO.
          Based on USC, where priority date always become current , it still takes 1 year, because the big line front of you.
          Based upon LPR , have priority dates and on LPR based petition will not even get NOA unless priority date become current, there are certain limits on number of visas issued based on LPR/year
          Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Thanks folkes

From what I understand the visa numbers are current but the service center is so far behind and working on cases received in 1999

It appears my son may have aged out but and I 824 was filed by his father in Jan 2002 and have been waiting to hear if he was procted under this act

So, (hope you do not mind) another question

Can we request they will allow son an earlier PD of Jan 2002?

Whats the chances of them allowing this?

Comment

Working...
            X