Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Issues of Illegal Immigration

The one common trait running through EVERY SINGLE illegal Alien is not their complete lack of respect for the immigration laws of this country which is obvious but it is their belief that because they managed to sneek into this country, that they deserved to be rewarded for their law breaking with residency.It is this arrogance that really produces the hatred for the scumbag illegals..........yet if anyone ever questions the moral fiber of these people, you are immediately labeled a racist. I would love for an illegal or one of their collaborators to give me a definition of racism because the last I heard discriminating against lawbreakers is not racism. It's not my fault that the majority of illegals come from south of the border.

It has been reported that the biggest group of people who are against giving the Illegals amnesty is the LEGAL immigrants and not US citizens. This is something I can believe having struggled through the bureaucracy of the USCIS myself before getting my citizenship.
    Look I am a realist............there is no way that the US can deport the 15 million illegals and there is now way you will ever be able entice them to return to their home countries. So what is the solution? In my opinion, the borders should be secured first and if that means building a wall the entire distance of both our borders and putting the national guard on it so be it......but they have to be secured a hell of a lot better that they are now. Once that is done, all Illegals in the country should be given the opportunity to get a green card. However so as not to demean LEGAL immigrants, the illegals should NEVER beable to get US citizenship.

The amnesty Bill that died in Congress last year will unfortuately be back but it stuns me that the politicians including the president don't see this bill as repeating the mistakes of the 1986 amnesty........except this time it will be a whole lot worse. The new amnesty bill when it comes, will just let the enforcement side of the bill fall by the way side and so as a consequence we will be inundated with illegals

Paddy, I do agree to your post, in many ways. However in my book life is never black and white. There might be illegal aliens against their will (for instance kids smuggled by their parents etc.) and people who initially did not have any intention of staying here ... I think those should be treated in a different way I do believe ....
    さん,がんばれ!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy:
      The one common trait running through EVERY SINGLE illegal Alien is not their complete lack of respect for the immigration laws of this country which is obvious but it is their belief that because they managed to sneek into this country, that they deserved to be rewarded for their law breaking with residency.It is this arrogance that really produces the hatred for the scumbag illegals..........yet if anyone ever questions the moral fiber of these people, you are immediately labeled a racist. I would love for an illegal or one of their collaborators to give me a definition of racism because the last I heard discriminating against lawbreakers is not racism. It's not my fault that the majority of illegals come from south of the border.

It has been reported that the biggest group of people who are against giving the Illegals amnesty is the LEGAL immigrants and not US citizens. This is something I can believe having struggled through the bureaucracy of the USCIS myself before getting my citizenship.
      Look I am a realist............there is no way that the US can deport the 15 million illegals and there is now way you will ever be able entice them to return to their home countries. So what is the solution? In my opinion, the borders should be secured first and if that means building a wall the entire distance of both our borders and putting the national guard on it so be it......but they have to be secured a hell of a lot better that they are now. Once that is done, all Illegals in the country should be given the opportunity to get a green card. However so as not to demean LEGAL immigrants, the illegals should NEVER beable to get US citizenship.

The amnesty Bill that died in Congress last year will unfortuately be back but it stuns me that the politicians including the president don't see this bill as repeating the mistakes of the 1986 amnesty........except this time it will be a whole lot worse. The new amnesty bill when it comes, will just let the enforcement side of the bill fall by the way side and so as a consequence we will be inundated with illegals
      Paddy, you do not have a clue about illegal immigration whatsoever. Yes, there are some who use and abuse the laws just like USC do. There are some who have gotten themselves in an unfortuneate situation which the immigration laws cannot reconcile. Some come here on false pretenses by third parties (smuggled). But in short, the illegal immigration is a by product of a failed immigration system and the complete ignorance by some who have not recognized the push factors. BTW, enforcement has increased over the years since 1996 with an increased border patrol, increased fines to employers, increased penalties to immigrants who violate the immigration laws, a wall that was built in Southern California, and so forth. And yet, illegal immigration still increased.

I do not want the USA to become the USSR on this issue. If it does, then perhaps Paddy's, Someone12's, and SunDevilUSA's family should be sent to slave labor camps and "re-educated."
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

спор не стоит выеденной ху йни. А где Ай ИИ??

Comment

bce zdec neponimajut po-ruski
          (sorry, I do not have a Russian keyboard here)
          さん,がんばれ!

Comment

illegal aliens are irresponsible scum that have shown zero respect for US laws and borders....and they (along with their double-digit IQ supporters) believe that they should be rewarded for their transgressions,,,,and try to blame the law rather than themselves for the FACT that their very first act of 'respect' for the US of A was to thumb their noses at our laws....sorry, but I don't buy this nonsense about how our laws 'forced' people to sneak across our borders or commit fraud to get a visa....that is pure hor$e$hit.

Comment

Originally posted by iperson:
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I do not want the USA to become the USSR on this issue. If it does, then perhaps Paddy's, Someone12's, and SunDevilUSA's family should be sent to slave labor camps and "re-educated."
              LOL.

I suggest Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's "Gulag Archipelago", to the above mentioned before they are sentenced to one of the USSR's labor camps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              I was thinking more like North Korea and be the guest of the Dear Leader!
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Hi,
                Just to correct. Immigrants do NOT brake the laws out of disrespect but of desperation. So, lets refrase: "The one common trait running through EVERY SINGLE illegal Alien is not their <span class="ev_code_RED">complete desperation to get out of their present situation even if that means breaking </span> the immigration laws of this country which is obvious but it is their belief that because they managed to sneek into this country, <span class="ev_code_RED">and worked, and realized that they are needed, and that they, eventhough pay taxes (ITIN), SS (more than 3 billions "unexplained" dollars, are treated as animals and "scumbags", so they think that somehow</span>that they deserved to be rewarded for their law breaking with residency.
                AND reward: n. Something given or offered for a special service, as the return of something lost. (webster Diccionary)...If an ilegal serves you in any way....they should be rewarded. Evenmore if they don't have medical insurance, 401K, etc...no way to secure themselves in the future.

Comment

so, according to the 'logic' of this last moron, bank robbers don't break (not 'brake', you idiot) the laws out of disrespect, but because of desperation...hence, since they provide a service (keeping the bank's safes clean) they too should be rewarded....what an uninformed dufus you are Guby (or, more accurately, 'goober')...illegal alien dirtbags don't want to play by the rules; they just want to leech off of hard working American taxpayers....well....bee ess to that.
                  And whatever miniscule taxes some may pay is pale compared to the $30B or more sent back to their own krappy countries...money that belongs to Americans, not scumbags. If they can afford to send $30B back home, they can surely pay their own medical bills and for their brats' public school education....but they refuse to do so because they have no respect or any clue on what it means to be a responsible adult.

Comment

Last moron replies:
                    Breaking the law entering illegaly is out of desperation. Lets talk about all the serial killers that are USC? what about that? Yes. There are immigrants that rob banks, rape women, kill others, etc...like any other countries, and like any other immigran or citizen..don't mix things....a felon is a felon regardless of their immigration status. This is not a board for felons but for immigration..what is your point? Yes, there are bad people and good people. Way of entry to this country is not a defenitive rule over soul, worth and decency....
                    For you maybe this means blah, blah , blah...same here.
                    And by the way, they send the money overthere because they are not welcome here, right? well thet better build a house in theier country so when you find them and deport them, they at least have a roof over their heads..maybe if they are allowed to feel part of this country they will invest here...what about this...a whole new perspective ah?

Comment

the sad fact is that most of that $30B is spent on beer and cigarettes, not investment. Whatever house they may or may not have after their butts are deported is no concern of mine nor any American taxpayer. We don't owe any illegal alien anything except a one way ticket back to their country.
                      And whether or not any American citizen has ever broken any law is not relevant to the fact that illegal aliens have NO right to be in America nor is it justification for illegals to thumb their unwashed noses at our rules.
                      If you believe differently, that our laws specifically state that any illegal alien has (a) the right to enter our country without inspection or permission and (b) if, after doing so without permission, is automatically entitled to a green card or other benefits, please, quote that section of law, moron.

Comment

I work with immigrants (almost all illegal), teaching them English, parenting skills and helping their children in school. As people, I really like my students. We have created a bond: they have told me their stories and I witness their everyday problems.

I live in a rural area where 99% of the illegals didn't finish grade school in their own country. They are very ignorant and have the lowest paid jobs simply because they don't have skills. They "buy" identities in order to work, don't have insurance in their cars, they receive medical attention for free or at ludicrous process (the government subsidizes it), etc. The worst thing, and what makes me mad, is that very few admit that they are doing something wrong. Only the educated ones recognize that what they do is wrong and feel ashamed of it. Most of them "demand" amnesty and benefits like if they actually deserve them, like if the US government had the obligation to give them citizenship. I understand that not all illegals are the same. If you came with a visa your probably have some college education (since the Embassy wouldn't with a visa to a high school drop out). Some illegals have a pretty good life. And in reality the only thing they can't do is traveling abroad.

I am a permanent resident. I am Latino myself and obviously not a racist. I simply respect the law. My parents waited patiently 12 years to come to the US legally. My sister is currently waiting now (she has 4 more years to go). I understand that if my family is here, is not because we had an inherent right but simply because the US laws allowed it. Unlike the US, many countries don't allow you their citizens to bring their 50 year-old married siblings (and they don't have to) and nobody cried "human rights violation".

Of course the illegals want a better life, who doesn't? But that doesn't entitle them to break the law. Marriage or family relations don't automatically generate the right for illegals to become legal residents based on "family unity". A person has to be mature enough to deal with the consequences of their actions and stop blaming everyone else for their situations. If you marry a felon, eventually he will go to jail and the spouse can not ask the authorities to free him because "their children need a father". If your spouse is in the military, you can not demand for him not to be deployed arguing that you "love him so much". Or if your spouse works for a company that has him constantly travel, it would be ridiculous to command the CEO to stop those trips arguing that "it is separating their family". You get the idea.

Comment

Cayita,
                          I guess they waited because someone had to ask for them, right?
                          I am not saying that what they did is fine or that has to be promoted, but no one can say that all the immigrant. What are you seeing with people that you teach is only a part of the problem. Yes there are educated illegal immigrants: doctors, lawyers, engineers, architects all of them as illegal as the ones that never went to school. Isn't something wrong there? In my personal experience, I've never heard any illegal immigrant "demanding" amnesty.
                          This is a great country. No doubt about that, it gives people opportunities, it helps and yes, there are people that abuse those opportunities. I seriously doubt that they expend their money in beer and cigarettes (a very dumb statement...I bet someone12 doesn't now any immigrant), but anyway, we judge everybody upon our experiences...I stick with my opinions...

Comment

obviously goober has no idea about what illegals spend (or waste) our money on because goober has no clue...you better find someone that can read to you, goober....the US of A has laws and rules and visa programs for a variety of skilled and unskilled labor....but there are limits to the number of foreigners that can participate in these programs...and that is for the protection of the American citizen taxpayer, not 12M illegal douchebags. This is the United States of America, not the Disunited Bankrupt Corrupted States of Illegal Aliens....better read the Constitution and the Immigration & Nationality Act again (better yet, have someone read it to you since there are a lot of big words in those publications and their meanings will be lost to you)

Comment

I know that not everybody has a relative that can petition you. But that doesnt give me an excuse to ignore the laws of a country. And for the record, I know people who didnt want to wait and just came here without authorization anyway.

Sure there are educated illegals here. Almost everybody who comes to the US does it because they want a better a life. But again, who doesnt? Their lifes may have been good in their countries but they simple want them to be better. Believe me, I know many illegals that were far from starving in their own countries but simple couldnt keep up with the life style they were having, so they move to the US. A very common issue is paying for private schools in their home country. At some point they simple can't afford it anymore so instead of moving their children to public schools (who are ugly and brings "bad looks" from your social circle), they move to the States where public schools are not that bad. That happens a lot with immigrants who were considered "middle class" in their home countries.

Yes, there are people who spend their money in beer and others who spend it wisely. That happens everywhere, not only with illegals but also with citizens. I dont care how they spend their money, it's their business and at the end they will face the consequences. The issue at stake is whether illegals should be forgiven for their actions or not.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation