F1 visa holder marrying a permanent resident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa holder marrying a permanent resident

I am currently on F1 visa and want to marry a permanent resident. I donot want to continue my studies. Can I still stay in USA.

I am currently on F1 visa and want to marry a permanent resident. I donot want to continue my studies. Can I still stay in USA.

Comment

Legally, no.

Comment

Can I change the visa to another category, say b1/b2

Comment

It iS EaSiEr fOr a cAmEl tO PaSs tHrOuGh tHe eYe oF A NeEdLe tHaN FoR A RiCh mAn tO EnTeR ThE KiNgDoM Of hEaVeN
          Everything comes in circles ....... The old wheel turns, and the same spoke comes up. It's all been done before, and will be again.

Comment

Rakhi: You're free to marry whomever you want to, and, for as long as you remain in good standing as an F-1 foreign student, you can remain legally in America.

Marrying a permanent resident, however, will NOT allow you to petition to change your immigration status.

Perhaps you should have considered that you might not want to continue with your education before accepting your F-1 visa?

Comment

It will take you a long time to adjust. But you must maintain status. So, look forward to a PHD.

Comment

Working...
              X