Immigration Law Question: RE Marriage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: RE Marriage

If a US citizen marries an undocumented person how soon can the person get temporary work permit .I know the green card can take years but do they get a tempoary stamp ion the meantime ?They are friends of mine are in love have being together years got married Thursday last
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

It depends how he or she entered the US, Mary. If they entered without inspection, they're not eligible for an adjustment of status and must return to their home country for Consular processing and the waiver process. No adjustment, no grounds to apply for EAD.

If they entered legally and their visa expired, they can adjust and can apply for EAD when they send in the I-485 package. It doesn't take years, just a few months (assuming there are no extenuating circumstances). The EAD is usually approved fairly quickly.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Thanks he came legally on a visa that expired .
      Regards and thanks,

Comment

No worries

Just make sure they send in the I-765 packet at the same time as the I-485.
        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

they are trying to do it themselves without a lawyer what do u think he came here on a visa legally oh and he has 2 children with his ex wife shes remarrried and now both his kids have green cards off their step dad.
          Regards and thanks,

Comment

I've been married to my husband for 16 yrs now. I filed for him in 1996 and was interviewed in 2000. He was denied a visa because they said our marriage was not bonafide. We received a letter from immigration in 2008 asking for proof of our marriage to decide whether or not they will revoke his I-130. We sent all necessary documents that were asked for and 2 months later they sent a letter stating that our marriage is not bonafide and that they received a letter notarized from my husband stating that it was simply a fake marriage. Which he did not do. They also stated that I signed a document stating it was also a fake marriage. We are still together. Our marriage is genuine. What can I do in this case. Can I file for him again or there is no chance for him in getting a visa? Please help.

Comment

The post has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.
              weight watchers online coupon

Comment

Mary, unless there's extenuating circumstances, a lawyer isn't necessary. They can't help speed things up, so if they're capable of filling out the forms by themselves and sending them in in a timely manner, they should save their money.

Joejoepink, please post your own thread.

AaronRiley, also post your own thread. Though, since you're a clever little spam bot, I doubt you will.

Comment

Originally posted by @AaronRiley:
                  Recently I have been fallen in love with my Colleague in the office , He is a non-US , currently he is here on Company Visa for 2 year , we are planing to get married but it's not possible to be married on Company visa , as soon as we get married the company visa will get lap's, guy's please suggest , what should i do in this Suitation I really love him , do help me
                  True love, how nice, if you in commonwealth you be just fine, didnt you know already? make own rules, Was it really true love? or the love of the family that you become the savior?
                  USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

why make fun of others ? sad if someone asks a question others just play with it .
                    Regards and thanks,

Comment

Mary, I wasn't making fun. The link at the bottom is a dead giveaway. Spammers are getting a lot smarter on forums like this. They know that just a link or a blurb unrelated to the forum or thread will likely get them banned, so they add something related, but still get their little spam link in. The other giveaway is the fact that there are some inconsistencies in the story (no visa I'm aware of specifically limits marriage, for example). If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to say so and the first to help, but again, I doubt we'll see a new thread.

Comment

thanks they are just sad people with no life .. but i told my friends what u recommended her boyfriend came ona holiday visa but stayed obviously he has 2 children who have green cards now as his ex wife remarried Now hes trying for a green catrd he just got married to a us citizen about 6mths ago
                        Regards and thanks,

Comment

Working...
                        X