Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT/EAD question

Hello

I applied for OPT with the Nebraska service center on the 28th of March 2005, requesting employment authorization from the 1st of June 2005. Till now, I havent received any intimation from them.

I have a job offer which does not give a specific starting date--but I would like to start working as early as possible.

I recently found that if the requested OPT start date has passed by, we can obtain an interim EAD card. However, there is a so called 90 day rule which says that I have to wait 90 days after applying for OPT before I can request for an interim EAD.

Please let me know if anybody has any experience in these kind of issues.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Kiran

Hello

I applied for OPT with the Nebraska service center on the 28th of March 2005, requesting employment authorization from the 1st of June 2005. Till now, I havent received any intimation from them.

I have a job offer which does not give a specific starting date--but I would like to start working as early as possible.

I recently found that if the requested OPT start date has passed by, we can obtain an interim EAD card. However, there is a so called 90 day rule which says that I have to wait 90 days after applying for OPT before I can request for an interim EAD.

Please let me know if anybody has any experience in these kind of issues.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Kiran

Comment

Working...
    X