Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EWI, Married to USC, Registered nurse

HI Everyone,
    EWI 3.5 yeras ago, currently married to a USC for the past 6 months and will be a RN in 12 months. MY lawyer says there is no way to adjust status without returning to home country.Fearful that i will not be permitted to retun as home country is notorious for rejecting applications.What options do i have. Thank you.

HI Everyone,
    EWI 3.5 yeras ago, currently married to a USC for the past 6 months and will be a RN in 12 months. MY lawyer says there is no way to adjust status without returning to home country.Fearful that i will not be permitted to retun as home country is notorious for rejecting applications.What options do i have. Thank you.

Comment

Options:
      1. Go home. Come back after you go through the 601 waiver process.
      2. Stay. Avoid deportation until the laws change.

Comment

basically, old man is right. If you have entered without inspection, there is no way to adjust status.

there is always some degree of hope that IF Kerry (and a democratic congress) are elected, some sort of amnesty might become a possibility that would help you, but it is a big if.

The I-601 is probably your best bet (and don't be so worried!!!) Please come to www.immigrate2us.net. There are several people on that board that are in a similar situation, and many others who have gone through the I-601 process. So, you might be able to get some sort of support and/or help there!!!

Comment

Working...
        X