• Show
Clear All

• what is an EAD?

still trying to get the hang of the lingo here

still trying to get the hang of the lingo here

Comment

work permit, employment authorisation

Comment

Hey this is a question im typing on behalf of my friend here who wants to know "what to do once his work permit expires". Im the translator ;-) Can he reapply or? He is married to a USC of 2 years also and has been currently working until it expired. Now its a hardship for them because him and his wife arent making it now that his work stopped. Any Advice? (And they cannot afford a lawyer at this point--so im going to try to help them with my computer) He also noted to me as well as on the board in the past that his I-485 was submitted but rejected (this is hairball stuff)!

Comment

thank ya lucy! and elmosworld you need to post your question as a new topic

Comment

why was his I-485 rejected?

You have to be in AOS pending status in order to keep renewing your EAD (work permit).

Comment

"You have to be in AOS pending status in order to keep renewing your EAD (work permit)."

No so true. One can have a pending Asylum case for example and still get EAD issued/re-issued.

Comment

I have no idea why the I-485 was rejected, he left everything in the lawyers hands. Would we be able to redo all of the paperwork outselves and try again?

Comment

Yes, but if you do not know what the problems were, you are likely to repeat them.

AOS through marriage to a USC is pretty straight forward if he entered the US legally and does not have any past criminal violations.

Comment

Working...
                  X